Reptile Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, while Clark did the washing up & I did the drying, I let Spike the Black-Headed Caique & Jaffa the Sun Conure out of their cage & onto the top of it for a bit of a play. Their cage is at the opposite end of the kitchen to where me & Clark were washing & drying. Within 2 minutes, Spike flew over to the worktop next to the sink for a nosey, followed quickly by Jaffa. They mooched around the worktop seeing if there was anything for them to do. I think Spike was most interested in seeing if he could get in the sink, as he loves bathing. After the sink was emptied, the little 'helpers' got a reward of a bit of cheese for their work.

"Anything for us to do?"

"Shall I get my feet wet?"

"Mmm, cheese!"

"Got anymore?"

:lol2:

·
Registered
23,314 Posts
:2thumb::2thumb: gorgeous birds Col, their colours are lovely. Are they any good at ironing? I have lots if they'd like to help :lol2:

·
Registered
15,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. They are the loudest little buggars in the house, especially Jaffa, but I love em to bits!

·
Registered
15,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
awwww your sun conure looks just like my sunny,i miss my birds terribly!

·
Registered
15,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
15,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Super Moderator
16,966 Posts
Lovely birds!

BTW, I didn't think parrots/cages were supposed to be kept in a kitchen, one of the reasons being the "Teflon" issue with saucepans, plus the obvious cooking smell issues etc?

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
there isnt really a problem with keeping them in the kitchen. Obviously yeah there is the risk of teflon but not if your carefull. Cook your food on a low heat and use an extractor fan if you have one. My mother kept and breed parrots for a long time and was very well known for her knowledge on the subject. She kept many birds within the vacinity of the kitchen including a hyacinth without any bother. So dont worry collin they will be fine. Just dont have them flipping your pancakes with the stove on full

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
there isnt really a problem with keeping them in the kitchen. Obviously yeah there is the risk of teflon but not if your carefull. Cook your food on a low heat and use an extractor fan if you have one. My mother kept and breed parrots for a long time and was very well known for her knowledge on the subject. She kept many birds within the vacinity of the kitchen including a hyacinth without any bother. So dont worry collin they will be fine. Just dont have them flipping your pancakes with the stove on full

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
Lovely birds!

BTW, I didn't think parrots/cages were supposed to be kept in a kitchen, one of the reasons being the "Teflon" issue with saucepans, plus the obvious cooking smell issues etc?

don't be silly, you're not meant to let your bird OUT of the kitchen..

·
Registered
15,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lovely birds!

I thought someone would comment on the parrots in kitchen subject :lol2:

Spike & Jaffa's cage is not near the cooker. And as Mrs Dirtydozen said, Teflon is only dangerous when overheated, so careful cooking is ok. And since it is Clark who does all the cooking in our house, its fine! hehe

·
Registered
15,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would have loved to have met you mum & bored her sensless with parrot talk.

And watch it or I will come across & tweak your nipple again! :Na_Na_Na_Na:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts