Reptile Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this picture handy... again... it is of the only 2 tortoises that have a name in my group... I have... I don't know... 50 to 70 critters.

Al(who was named by a film crew member in a commercial... and it stuck) is on the left. Speedy (who has been to Spain and back) is on the right.

ed

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
ooooh cool :D post more pics of all of them!!!

·
Banned
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Al is an Aldabra tortoise and Speedy is a Sulcata.

ed

·
Registered
15,217 Posts
i love the personality of sulcattas. they are such nosey inquisitive torts. we had to sell our male though as he became VERY sexually active with anything that was domed and often tried to chase our rotty male. but he was an absolute star, not a bit shy and very up front! i really miss him but am happy with just keeping leos.

how many different species do you keep Ed?

·
Banned
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right now I have about 10 species of tortoises.

The Sulcata is really special. They are active and inquisitive to an extreme.

ed

i love the personality of sulcattas. they are such nosey inquisitive torts. we had to sell our male though as he became VERY sexually active with anything that was domed and often tried to chase our rotty male. but he was an absolute star, not a bit shy and very up front! i really miss him but am happy with just keeping leos.

how many different species do you keep Ed?

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Right now I have about 10 species of tortoises.

The Sulcata is really special. They are active and inquisitive to an extreme.

ed
Do you have Leopards Ed ? - I know you lost some a while back

·
Banned
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got 4 adults. One of those is one of the first Leopards I hatched out about 25 years ago. I also have 5 that hatched out this year from that female and a few babies from a couple of years ago. I've got about 15 total.

Ed

Do you have Leopards Ed ? - I know you lost some a while back

·
Registered
26 Posts
They all look lovely, i can't wait till Samson is that big!! I feel so sorry for him being in his table all day (minus the 1-2 hours a day outside in the garden) and they just seem so vulnerable when they are so small. Bless his little dinosaur looking feet.
Liz

·
Registered
17 Posts
There very cute :) and big :)

i would love tort that big :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts