Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is jake my english bull terrier at 7 months old guarding my son,lol hes brill with him no stranger can get near his trolley when we are out walking, the one that did got a warning nip on the leg lol

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
im not sure how to make the pics bigger for everyone to see better

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Those dogs look strange in my opinion :)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
zirliz said:
Those dogs look strange in my opinion :)
why they look strange

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
most people think they are aggressive dogs but a dogs only as bad as the owner

·
Registered
399 Posts
He's so cute! I love bully's think they are so funny,got the attention span of a pea tho lol.They so friendly wi people,i just think they one of the funniest dogs around.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
spit said:
He's so cute! I love bully's think they are so funny,got the attention span of a pea tho lol.They so friendly wi people,i just think they one of the funniest dogs around.
yea hes crazy he pulled all the lights off the christmas tree about an hour ago and tried eating the boubles,,hes a pain,owning a dog like this you need a lot of patience and you have to be consistent with training as they are strong minded dogs

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
siabod666 said:
Cute dog not a breed I would have chosen to have around a baby though.
i was waiting for a reply like that,,,do you know the first thing about these dogs apart from the bullshit you hear in the media,ive said it before a dogs only as bad as the owner,have you read any books on these dogs do you know any one who owns one,by your narrow minded comment i doubt it.every book on bull terriers state they are great with kids because they can take the rough and tumble kids give them,my son pulls his ears pokes his eyes and the dog just sits there looking at him trying to lick his hands.on the other hand my girlfriends mum has a jack russell and when my son pulled its ears it went mad trying to bite him.the worst type of dogs for nipping kids are little stupid lap dogs like jack russells ,westies etc.so before you pass judgement i suggest you get your facts straight.labradors have the most recorded dog bites on people,not bull terriers or rottweillers,when a dog like mine or another so called aggressive dog bites someone the media hype it up and its all over the news,theres far more bites by lap dogs and when do you see the headline of a savage jack russell NEVER

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
mike mc said:
siabod666 said:
i was waiting for a reply like that,,,do you know the first thing about these dogs apart from the bullshit you hear in the media,ive said it before a dogs only as bad as the owner,have you read any books on these dogs do you know any one who owns one,by your narrow minded comment i doubt it.every book on bull terriers state they are great with kids because they can take the rough and tumble kids give them,my son pulls his ears pokes his eyes and the dog just sits there looking at him trying to lick his hands.on the other hand my girlfriends mum has a jack russell and when my son pulled its ears it went mad trying to bite him.the worst type of dogs for nipping kids are little stupid lap dogs like jack russells ,westies etc.so before you pass judgement i suggest you get your facts straight.labradors have the most recorded dog bites on people,not bull terriers or rottweillers,when a dog like mine or another so called aggressive dog bites someone the media hype it up and its all over the news,theres far more bites by lap dogs and when do you see the headline of a savage jack russell NEVER
Lol dont worry I used to get comments like that with the birth of my son with our siberian huskies...truth be told I woudn trust any dogs as much as I trust my subes...and I recently met a pup eng bull terrier in a reptile shop in worcest and think they are absolutely scrummy!!

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
:notworthy:

very true iv had staff's bulls and have a jack russel ..its a nasty little :censor: to people it dont know i wouldnt trust it with a baby but any one of my staff's and the bull i had i would trust 100%

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nat said:
mike mc said:
siabod666 said:
Lol dont worry I used to get comments like that with the birth of my son with our siberian huskies...truth be told I woudn trust any dogs as much as I trust my subes...and I recently met a pup eng bull terrier in a reptile shop in worcest and think they are absolutely scrummy!!
lol ive had it off people in the street,we bought the dog when my son was afew months old,so the dogs came into his house not the other way round,you can have probs if a baby comes along after the dogs lived there for years but most people dont,if your dogs good natured it wont bother a babys came into the house,some people are so ignorant and believe the shite they see on TV

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Tell me about it - I have a large rottweiler cross and people will actually cross the street to get away from him. I mean its not as if he is loose, I walk him on a thick leather collar and a chain as it is :roll: What more do they want? A steel cage?! :lol:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
PendleHog said:
Tell me about it - I have a large rottweiler cross and people will actually cross the street to get away from him. I mean its not as if he is loose, I walk him on a thick leather collar and a chain as it is :roll: What more do they want? A steel cage?! :lol:
ive had an old man bout 70 tell me they should be banned or muzzled in public,he said i had no control over it when it had a leather harness and a big strong leather lead on lol what more did he want,some people ehh

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
And its usually the same people that have some yappy little shit that runs around uncontrolled and attacks other peoples leashed dogs! :roll:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
PendleHog said:
And its usually the same people that have some yappy little shit that runs around uncontrolled attacks other peoples leashed dogs! :roll:
sure is mate ,the nice little westie that sits on grandmas knee while she drinks a cup of tea and eats biscuits,then rips the postmans hand off.from what the breeder told me about bull terriers is that because they originated as a fighting dog they are aware of there superior strength and power and do not need to bark and attack other dogs to prove it,they know its there for when they need it,its insecure unstable dogs that constantly need to assert there aggressiveness

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
i used to have an English bull and it was deaf. He was as good as gold but if he was asleep and you walked in the room you had to throw something in front of him to wake him up so he did'nt get a shock as he was so protective of us and the kids. Someone broke in once and when we got home apparrently he'd has this guy pinned in a corner of the bedroom for nearly 3 hours, he had'nt bitten him or anything just would'nt let him leave.The idiot had been shouting and screaming at the dog not realising it was deaf and only understood hand movements as commands.When the police came they were p*****g themselves laughing.

Della

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
della.g said:
i used to have an English bull and it was deaf. He was as good as gold but if he was asleep and you walked in the room you had to throw something in front of him to wake him up so he did'nt get a shock as he was so protective of us and the kids. Someone broke in once and when we got home apparrently he'd has this guy pinned in a corner of the bedroom for nearly 3 hours, he had'nt bitten him or anything just would'nt let him leave.The idiot had been shouting and screaming at the dog not realising it was deaf and only understood hand movements as commands.When the police came they were p*****g themselves laughing.

Della
i take it yours was pure white like mine,,its a commom prob with pure white bullies,mine was baer hearing tested before we bought him.if we raise a hand near our son he goes mad barking and growling

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
PendleHog said:
And its usually the same people that have some yappy little shit that runs around uncontrolled and attacks other peoples leashed dogs! :roll:
Not always little yappy shits lol. My neighbour has the most gorgeous staff who was brought up in a junk yard, so he hasnt had the best start in life. He was trained to obviously be a guard dog, and as such doesnt like other dogs...at all. But with a couple of years of being treated right and getting used to other dogs, he finally started to be ok around them...Untill a couple of weeks ago he got attacked by a German Shepard who was off the lead. My neighbour always walks the staff on a really strong harness, made by a saddler, and on a really strong leash, but its when the owners that dont have enough sense to actually put leashes on their dogs that things like that happen. The German Shepard mentioned above actually hospitalised a little Jack Russell that belonged to a little old lady. Do you think the owner would pay the bill?? Dont think so, but when my neighbour, an agressive MAN went and demanded the bill for his staffy...He coughed up straight away...F*cking barsteward...Some people just dont know how to be good owners.

And for th record...I love English Bull Terriers :lol: Such dopey looking dogs, but gorgeous :lol:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts