Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone on here have any rat knowledge. my rat has lost some of the use of his back right leg but seems healthy otherwise. wondered if this was or is a common rat thing. vet not sure as to cause.

·
Registered
399 Posts
What age is he as it can be sign that his kidneys are failing,that happened to mine they can still lead a comfortable life but speak to your vet to see if they can give anything for it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
mine went like that at a young age the vet wasnt sure what that was, she also went blind too, i sadly had mine pts.

i hope someone can give u an idea what it is, i hope he recovers

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx for your suggestions everyone. going to different vet with him will suggest possible kidney problem.
to DUCK sorry to hear about your rat know how easy it is to get attached.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sad news

thank you all for your very kind help but unfortunatly i found my little boy dead this evening. it has hit both of us a bit hard but sure he went in his sleep and didn't suffer any. he looks peacefull now. once again thank you all. :(

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thank you all for your nice wishes. funny iv'e read this thread three times today and three times today my eyes started leaking again. thank you all so very much. x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts