Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
didn't post these on here before xmas, so wondered if anyone would like to see them now.

was cleaning and feeding last night, and had a chance to take some quick pics for once!

thought some of you may be interested to see how it all fits into a 12ft sqaure double bedroom!

first off.... this is the floor plan..

its approx 12 foot sqaure

ok, so camera views...

this is looking from the door - past the vivs on the back wall (darker green and yellow on the plan) and towards the vivs on the outside wall.. pink on the plan

this next one is taken stood looking down between the middle column of vivs and the inside wall.. this is showing the areas vivs marked in dark pink, red and light blue

and then the shelving along the inner wall.. purple on the floor plan, with a stack of vivs (orange on the plan) at the end.

this is a shot looking down the other side of the middle column of vivs, so between the middle and the outside wall... the vivs marked in bright green and blue...

and the other side of that "aisle" the vivs marked in light pink on the plan (also known as the penine wall!)

this is the view from the window wall, looking toward the back wall, the vivs marked in yellow on the plan..

and again, from a different angle...the end of the penine wall, and yellow back wall vivs...

and the other half of the backwall viv stack, marked in darker green on the plan

and then a shot looking back out the door, showing the vivs in orange against the inside wall, and the darker green viv stack too :)

*phew*

N

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
changed a bit from when you came here eh dexter!

then the rodents..

the other three bedrooms upstairs are viv free (one has a skunk living in it tho) and there are no vivs in the bathroom or on the landing at the moment

(and no-one in Q in the airing cupboard at the moment either for once!)

downstairs.. well ok the lounge is heaving.. with 15-20 vivs in at the moment... but they are due to be moved (one day, in the fullness of time...)

and the dining room, well that is a nightmare isn't it! i have re-modeled the stack infront of the fishtank, it looks a lot better now like this:

this is one side... then if you look to the far left in this next pic, you can see a stack of 4 cages behind the green shelves.. there are actually 8 cages (two stacks of 4) there..

like this, but now with 8 gabers, not 7 and a rody

next to them, but coming back into the room round the other wall, are the sugar gliders, and next to the gliders.. are three tanks of gerbils and a tank of multi mammates...

the dog lives in the "rodent" room too (when we are out and so on..) if someone came in that should not be there, she would just hurdle the breakfast bar, its not made impossible for her to protect the place..

what else, oh the kitten now christened Ninja - he lives in the bathroom when he needs to be shut away, Spider my two year old male, lives out from 8am to midnight, and then only graces us with his presence if its chilly out, otherwise, its come home for dinner and back out hunting again..

the horse, well... he is grazed about 7 miles from me.. bit of a muddyball this time of year! but at least we got out for a nice hack and a jump or two this weekend :)

(and people wonder why i am never online in the evenings.... see above for reasons!)

:)

Nerys

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yus, just the odd thing here and there eh bri lol

it went up a few this last week also, with the arrival of a few rescue hamsters, and two rescue rats..

as a collection its almost never static, there is always something coming or going, whether its something sold or bought, or something like the rehomer BTS thats here at the moment.

some of the room is now pretty much un juggleable, i can't fit more in if i tried.. there is still some room here and there tho..

once the rep shed is done, they'll all move out :)

Nerys

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
A guy I used to work with apparently done away with his bed and just put the mattress on top of a couple of large vivs :shock:

Just an idea :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
damn i'm gonna have to come visit you sometime if only to try and get an idea how to make all my vivs fit in my room lol

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
omg thats amazing, the wiring in the reptile room must be insane lol and an electrians nightmare lol and the eltric bills lol.

im soo jelious tho.

Spike

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
mark67123 said:
A guy I used to work with apparently done away with his bed and just put the mattress on top of a couple of large vivs :shock:

Just an idea :D
on that note, i am gonna get a high sleeper and put a viv underneath! lol planned to for ages, just gott spend the money on a bed, and not more reps!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Nerys hows the shed going?

And the room looks more packed then when i saw it last :shock:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
sell me your reptile room lol please:D name ur price :p
and ...set it up in mine lol ,..please??? wishfull thinking lol

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Having been to visit Nerys and her Zoo, it is truly amazing with such a selection of rodents and reps, I haven't actually seen anyone with as many reps yet and I have saw a fair few big collections.

Nery's could actually charge people for a visit and it would be worth it as she has such a variety.

You should be proud Nery's as its a fine collection.

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
That is totally unbelievable, my local rep shop has nothing on your rep room. i dont think all the rep shops in this city put together even match your collection.

How do you manage to remember when to feed each animal? Do you keep a diary for that?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Incubuss said:
That is totally unbelievable, my local rep shop has nothing on your rep room. i dont think all the rep shops in this city put together even match your collection.

How do you manage to remember when to feed each animal? Do you keep a diary for that?
Which shop in Hull do u use? I no the owner of hull pets on Bev Rd, have u seen there breeding room, well impressive!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts