Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My normal Royal Python is now almost 1 year old and for the past 2 months his tongue started getting black. Before it was all nice and pink. Then tips of the tongue started getting black and now almost half of it is black (or dark colour, could be purple, very hard to see exactly).
Is this normal or could it be some underlying problem?

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
Don't think so, just googling images of royals tongue flicking and there's quite a variation of the tips, from deep grey to bright red...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope you are right.

What worries me is that colour changed recently. If it was that colour since birth then I would agree... but will watch her if I see any problems.

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
As far as im aware its nothing to worry about, I also noticed my Ball pythons tongue went from a red/pink to black or dark brown.... several months have past since then and hes completely healthy.
Mine is a Normal, maybe their morph correlates to the changing of the colour of the tongue as some form of change in the body due to maturity.

Anyway the tongue turning to a dark colour has happened to my royal and hes completely fine. I would hope this is the same for yours and it is nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as im aware its nothing to worry about, I also noticed my Ball pythons tongue went from a red/pink to black or dark brown.... several months have past since then and hes completely healthy.
Mine is a Normal, maybe their morph correlates to the changing of the colour of the tongue as some form of change in the body due to maturity.

Anyway the tongue turning to a dark colour has happened to my royal and hes completely fine. I would hope this is the same for yours and it is nothing to worry about.
Thank you so much, I was started to think she has some kind of weird mouth rot or something, glad to know it is ok, just never seen it anywhere in forums... she is normal Python as well.
Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts