Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again :)

Got up this morning at 7am to find Echo bathing in his dish, he is still there now and its almost 1 o clock.
He's had two treatments (olive oil on him, bleached viv contents) over the past 2 months to rid his mites. I think he needs a third as I spotted 2 mites the other night.
Also he's due a shed, his eyes went cloudy yeterday and are now back to normal.
Now I know he's been bathing for 1 of the 2 or both the reasons above but is this normal for a royal to bath 6 hours + continuesly.
I dont think this is the first marathon bath he's had either. I went to change his water yestarday and it was almost empty asfter 1 day.
Anyway, is this normal?
Cheers
H

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
I would like to know more on this. I got a royal at the weekend, and I had a grumpy snake lat night when I took the dish away. I understand it is not good for them to soak all day and night. I have looked for mites but cant see any.

Skimpy

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Not sure about the whole answer but if he's still got mites after 2 months I start another treatment bare olive oil.....

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok worried now, shall i take him out?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, took him out and established that its mites again as the water dish was full of them. Im obviously not sorting it right. Sooo dont want to take him vets to get front line as theyll charge me a fortune to tell me somthing i already know!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bless ya, cheers matey

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I have a Royal that, once his light is turned off, he comes out of his hide and goes straight in his bowl of water, he is still there when i get up next morning, until I turn his light on, he then gets out and goes back into his hide....he doesnt have mites, i have checked, put it down to him being weird :p

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no just olive oil. I will try mite off cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts