Reptile Forums banner

My snake ate his fuzzy backwards???

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  beestingbutterfly 
#1 ·
Just fed may snake his fuzzy and after a lot of chewing he managed to eat it backwards.

Since it was a fuzzy and the fur couldn't be making it much harder I decided to leave it since I didn't want to interrupt.

Is this okay or should I of stopped him??

He has pushed it all the way down so had no trouble finishing the job.

Just wanted to check.

Oh and is this a problem when feeding adult rodents???

#2 ·
Good question, i would like to know too. My corn and royal python have eaten their mice backwards a couple of times and i've not seen any problems from it, but does it cause any problems?

#3 ·
no, no probs, my corn often eats backwards, i once saw a vid of a big python eating a rat sideways and folding it in :shock: half

#4 ·
My corns and kings also often prefer the tail end. Never had any problems.

#12 ·
All snakes in the wild are equipped with their own pocket mini-razors 8) that would be soooo funny. They have to digest all the teeth, bones and legs so I guess fur is the least of their worries.

Mine mostly take theirs down head first but have taken them every which way (including sideways) . My sav just gulps his down whole in a few secs ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.