Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I get my cali king out of it's viv, it acts aggressivly towards my brother, it gets into the "S" shape, tracking him, with it's mouth open, and a couple of times it's struck, which is fine by me :lol: , even though it's fine with my sister and mum, is it possible for snakes to instantly dislike someone, a bit like a dog, or am I reading to much into it :lol:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
My snake hated my boyfriend it used to poo on him but not me...the second he took the snanke out wierd

·
Registered
124 Posts
lol cnt wait till i get my snake muhaha hope he h8s my bro lol tag tag tag

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Just wondered because I've heard of some aftershaves (CK1 I think is one of them) setting snakes off.

I've had snakes before that that were aggressive with me but totally calm with other people, and vice versa - maybe just one of those things.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I use CK1 along with other scents and have never had any snakes or lizards show aggresion towards me,quite the opposite,i would agree with Davem's views that they can take an instant dislike to people,we have had many lizards in the past that were quite tame n docile but with a certain few people they would be aggressive,whch would be strange behaviour for the reptile,i believe snakes to be the same and have noticed they behave differently around different people,i just think they are more intelligent than most think and are very good judges of us humans,probably more so than us.
thats my opinion ne ways.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
One of my hybrid northern pine/bull snakes has always disliked my daughter. She used to bite me a bit when she was younger ( the snake, not my daughter) but even now will open mouth hiss at her, while she is fine with me and doesnt hiss at anyone else. And no, she doesnt usually wear perfume.

·
Registered
25,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
beestingbutterfly said:
does he move quickly around him or is he scared of him?? if his body temp is higher than yours your snake would notice..
He doesn't move quickly around it, he usually wears a T-shirt and jeans so body Temp wouldn't be noticably higher, if anything maybe lower, cos he has Reynauds, and he's not scared of him, my sister is scared of him and no aggression is shown towards her

1 - 11 of 11 Posts