Reptile Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm soooooo pleased, my baby corn shed for the first time since i got her just before xmas. I knew she was ready due to the colour of her eyes, I just didn't think I would be this happy after she actually did it. :D [/img]

·
Registered
352 Posts
Incubuss said:
I'm soooooo pleased, my baby corn shed for the first time since i got her just before xmas. I knew she was ready due to the colour of her eyes, I just didn't think I would be this happy after she actually did it. :D [/img]
due to the '/img' did you try and post some pix?

I still have my snakes first shed, a bit like keeping your kids baby teeth I guess. :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
its great when you witness the 1st shed. its so exciting.
did u see it shed, or did it do it when u wern't looking lol???

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I din't mean to press image, but I do have pics which I will post once on a disk. No, unfortunatly I didn't see her shed, I got up this morning and went to check on her and hey presto; her skin was off.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Aww Congrats i was so excited when i seen ottos first shed, how sad am i :lol:

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
lol i must be sad 2 i was excited when my boa had his first shed (and his only shed with me at the mo) :D

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
I never seen mine but managed to catch some of my mums shedding. It was amazing, she just wriggled right out and the end part of her tail went pinging across the tank :lol:

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
it's such a cool moment :)

keep it and measure and keep the date for future reference, hopefully you'll spy a shed in action one day

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
we collect the grass snake skin, therirs are always completely perfect, some of the m have been 6ft long! thought the most common size is 5ft

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
isnt it true that the skin is actaully longer do to it stretching during shedding because my boas sheds when measeured are around 7ft when she is only 6ft!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hehe I know the feeling, I've had my baby corn over a month now and I was so excited when my boyfriend spotted her first shed in her viv. We're gecko breeders mainly and they eat all their shedded skin so I was like "Woooow" when I saw that skin perfect copy of her. lol.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I still get excited when my snakes shed and eat and poo etc etc and I've seen it all loads of times (the last one is the least appealing I have to say, the squelching noises are :sick:) I've been lucky enough to catch most of my snakes shedding at some point and I still love it!!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
i think its great when my snake shed his colour comes out really well...i've seen him shed a few times but normaly he does it at night which is a pain if he don do it properly cos i have 2 get it sorted befor college...lol but he is worth it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts