Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought id post up some pictures as ive just bought a few more snakes and its good to have something i can look back on in a few months once theyve all grown on a bit.

First up is our carolina corn snake. He/shes an eating machine and would eat fluffs till he bursts.

Next up are 2 royals i got over the weekend from RICHCJ off here. They both ate on their first night and the only reason ive got them out is i was cleaning their rubs anyway so had to move them.
This is a really nice female pastel weighing 101g

Next is a normal male 50%het pied weighing 96g. Hes got a few scales of retained shed on his head that im not sure how to remove if anyone can help thatd be great.

Then my male spider i picked up last night from jpster. Didnt want to pick him up as hes fairly nervous and still settling. He has a very slight head wobble when nervous that i noticed last night but today when i moved things around him for a quick spot check he didnt wobble at all.

This is the 18ltr RUBs their staying in untill they grow abit. I know it looks cramped and the hides/waterbowls look big but we got them just so they can be used when their adults aswell and they seem to like the fact theres not much open space

This is the new spiders, i feel bad as i havent had chance to get him a proper hide, but ill be able to pick one up over the weekend

And just for a size comparison

Finally this is our rescued female Boa that my girlfriends nicknamed the big squeeze after my fingers went blue.

Excuse the black marks on the old duvet, thats what happenes when an idiot border collie puppy finds a permanent marker...

So there my snakes and the 'last' one im after now is a nice female visual albino or a pied royal i think... and maybe a MBK... and possibly a western hognose.... and id love a green tree python.... and those blood pythons look awesome aswell.... ah crap

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to add massive thanks to RICHCJ and jpster off here. Both have sold me great animals with so far no problems, and both have offered any help that i might need in the future. They both have an awesome collection of animals themselves so if you see their adds in classifieds don't think twice about buying!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Looking good Tim :2thumb:

I like that hide with the hole in the top, where did you find it ?

To get any retained shed off the little male you could pop him in a small pillow case with some damp kitchen roll or even dampen the pillow case and pop it back in his rub for half an hour or so. Should be off in no time.

p.s. the little male is poss het albino (you put pied in the post above)

ATB
Rich

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah Ment albino I think it's just my want for a pied messing with my brain. It's literally only 2/3 scales on his head so will give the pillow case a try. Their both ok with me cleaning and moving them already which is good. No hissing or puffing up and trying to explore so I'm really happy with them. Now just feed them up for a year or two till their breeding weight and I should get some nice babies.

The hide was from Manchester aquatics it's got a depressed section for water but it's not deep enough for a snake really so I just put some aspen in it, it's not a cut out hole. They don't use it but it looks good..

I'll keep updating as they get older

Tim

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts