Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a baby corn and recently we bought a ZOO MED heat mat that was recommended by everyone we asked. we have a theromoter, thermostat hygrometer all that. it says it’s in the low 70s F and around 23 C. The heat mat covers enough of the tank because we have a ten gal and we have to get it up to 95 F for it to even be around the low 70s! it’s really stressing me out and it’s messing with the humidity. he’s starting to develop a ri! this is really getting out of hand :(

·
Registered
10,021 Posts
i have a baby corn and recently we bought a ZOO MED heat mat that was recommended by everyone we asked. we have a theromoter, thermostat hygrometer all that. it says it’s in the low 70s F and around 23 C. The heat mat covers enough of the tank because we have a ten gal and we have to get it up to 95 F for it to even be around the low 70s! it’s really stressing me out and it’s messing with the humidity. he’s starting to develop a ri! this is really getting out of hand :(
You dont need to worry about humidity.
The mat wont heat the air, it is a contact heater.
Your corn will only be developing an ri if it is too damp and not enough ventilation.
You also need a thermostat. Left uncontrolled, a mat can reach dangerously high surface temperatures.

·
Registered
22,059 Posts
Question, why do some thread titles (like this one) and replies have strange characters and numbers mixed in with the normal text? Seeing it a lot lately and it's bugging me..

my snakes viv isn’t getting enough heat and i’m not sure why!

·
Registered
32,809 Posts
Question, why do some thread titles (like this one) and replies have strange characters and numbers mixed in with the normal text? Seeing it a lot lately and it's bugging me..
I wonder abut that too- I've noticed it for years. Used to crop up on the old CB forum too.

·
Registered
130 Posts

It's formating issues/inconsistancy between the persons device and the forum. In this case the character ' is being detected/replaced with " ’ " by the forum software.

I notice it more when people are using non-UK/USA languages/keyboards on a forum that only have English langauge packs installed.

·
Registered
22,059 Posts
It's formating issues/inconsistancy between the persons device and the forum. In this case the character ' is being detected/replaced with " ’ " by the forum software.

I notice it more when people are using non-UK/USA languages/keyboards on a forum that only have English langauge packs installed.
Ah! Thank you :2thumb:

·
Registered
8,044 Posts
The forum software seems to have the old issue of not being able to handle apostrophes, presumably when the mobile app / site is being used to post the message but others use a normal web browser

it says it’s in the low
should read it says it's in the low

·
Registered
12,434 Posts
The forum software seems to have the old issue of not being able to handle apostrophes, presumably when the mobile app / site is being used to post the message but others use a normal web browser

should read it says it's in the low

Try Tapa’Talk ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
12,434 Posts
I thought phones were devices used to talk to people over long distances :whistling2:

I’m not sure the HGV driver who killed a pedestrian yesterday whilst checking Amazon on his mobile would agree ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 11 of 11 Posts