Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
i have a chillean rose Tarantula and for some reason he has stoped eating he just does not seem to be interested in crickets. wot can i do?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well its roughly about 2.5 inches iam to sure about the moulting but i dont think its soon

·
Registered
398 Posts
My Chile rose, goes through times of not feeding, last time she didnt eat was for a month or so, like nicky said they are notorious for fasting, Why? I dont know? summat they do I suppose. They will usually stop feeding pre-moult, which you can usually tell by the bold patch on the abdomen. I dont think its anything to worry about though. Just one other thing, 2.5 inches for a 3year old Chile rose seems a bit small to me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it was a month and 2day since last feed and i know that chilie rose can go for a long time with out eating but i just started getting worried as it got past a month

·
Registered
398 Posts
It is common for Chile rose to go for months without food, if she was eating fine before this fasting period, I wouldn't worry too much about it. How often do you feed your T?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Try feeding het one of those green grasshoppers. Most of the times when the grasshoppers are very active they will hunt them. If not, maybe it is to dry, or to wet. Or to warm or to cold.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts