Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading a few threads about fake rock background and hides I decided to have a go and see if I could make my very own for my Leos!

Heres how I made mine from the beginning...

After making the apropriate measurements I cut each peice out and checked it all fitted in the terrarium...

I then used cocktail sticks to fixed the peices together, used expanding foam to remove the sharp looking corners and properly adhere the peices together, I also used a lighter to burn in rocky detail...

I then began construction on the first hide...

Then stuck on peices of polystyrene for a rocky effect and burnt in detail then started on the removable second hide..

Same with the other side, and ended up with this...

Then came the grouting, I did 4 layers and added red paint in this example so I could see where I had already applied it..

Then I PVA'd the lot and sprinked sand on it, I did 4 layers for this also

This is the finished result! :D

The geckos seem to love it, they've been climbing up and down it and have been traveling in and out of the hides! I might do another one for my male Leo too! :no1:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Looks great, well done :2thumb:

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Great Job!
How long did it take you?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wow Looks Awesome :) Great job

·
Registered
32 Posts
looks gr8, i am about to start my own for my beardie so watch out for my post with pics

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
re

a job well done me thinks and im sure they will love it.... hard weaing to

·
Registered
187 Posts
looks great mate im looking to do one for my beardie and one for my geckos but with the geckos how does it work with the heat rising through the poly is it ok?? that is the only thing stopping me with the geckos i cant see the poly getting hot enough for geckos please reply by pm thanks
nick

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
We need piccies!!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts