Reptile Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got him yester day and i woke up 2day and noticed that he has gone much browner is this normal or is there sumit rong if there is wot cud it b plzzzzzzzzzzz help he is a chinese water dragon

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
looking good, goot a pic of the viv?:p

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
What kind of heating/lighting do you have?

Don't forget he's just "moved house" so may be a little stressed.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
how bigs the Viv??

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
think its just because of the move, nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
it could just be he's going darker as he's going to shed. i never see mine go flakey, she just goes brown, then all of a sudden its gone. it's likely to just be he's due to shed :)

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
in my opinion 1x100w bulb and a heat mat isnt really enough for that viv.

like i said before in ur viv post id have used 3 bulbs for it.

at the very least you need to have the 100w bulb unstatted and on all day, if its dimming then chances are the guy is freezing his nipples off

·
Registered
317 Posts
legs look good,head held high,can,t see eyes,and the way its head its turned its got that looks whats this don't remrmber this,give it a couple of days to settel in,by the way where did you get that rock

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its a water fall n i got it from france wen i went on holiday

·
Registered
139 Posts
all looks fine and normal to me when i first bought my CWD home both were very dark but that was due to the last owners never providing them with uv lighting.

He/she is prob stressed out due to the move / or could be she/he is about to shed

mine do the same /\/\/\/\ as both when they shed or get stressed out.

Oolix

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
you ought get a temp gun to check temps are right all around the viv. with a viv that high you'd be alot better getting a powersun as it gives off heat and uv, plus the uv can reach upto 6ft whereas a uv tube will only reach 12inchs (or there abouts).

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
ofcourse with the bulb you mention where it reaches 6 foot it only reaches 6 foot in about a 6 inch circular dome whereas a uv tube gives it off the hole width.

The last thing u want is to have a uv [merc] if its the only one.. [bulb i mean] yess by all means have one uv and then a normal spot but not just the one as you have no control over it dimming wise.

And he has a uv tube which isnt the problem [if there is one] its most likely temps.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
i mentioned uv because when i first got mine she was brown until i got her a powersun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts