Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have just booked a stunning new kitten to join our family but are stumped with names....

we want some thing pretty and feminine as she is going to be very much a girlie cat.

jury is out on what colour she is - she has a very light cream base colour with white paws and then a darker cream (but still fairly light) spotted tabby pattern and on her ear tips and her tail the tabby bits go into a smoke colour there is also some of this smokey colour on her body and goes to a darker smoke tabby down her legs

have a crummy pic - but she really is a lot more stunning in the flesh - and very cuddlely:mf_dribble:

so names please people.....:notworthy:

·
Registered
12,076 Posts
Ha - give her a pretty girly name and she'll be the kind of cat that loves playing in the mud and generally getting filthy!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Name for cute kitten

How about Jasmine thats girlie and a pretty name?:2thumb: or even Willow or Millie?

·
Registered
16,933 Posts
hmmm

Tia
Mia
Jewel
precious
princess
lady
larissa

minds gone blank :bash:

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
So you booked her then Katrina! Great!! :2thumb:

I'll look forward to seeing photos of her as she grows older and the colour settles in. Some cats the colour is pale as kittens and goes darker and some cats the colour is darker when they are born and gets lighter.

I still think she is probably a fawn or lilac tabby, but I may be able to help you identify the colour when she's a bit older and you can get better photos.

When do you get her?

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So you booked her then Katrina! Great!! :2thumb:

I'll look forward to seeing photos of her as she grows older and the colour settles in. Some cats the colour is pale as kittens and goes darker and some cats the colour is darker when they are born and gets lighter.

I still think she is probably a fawn or lilac tabby, but I may be able to help you identify the colour when she's a bit older and you can get better photos.

When do you get her?
yes - how could i resist?:whistling2: - i really fell for one of the boys too - so stunning but I think o/h would have left me there :lol2:.

if i didn't know they didn't exsist i would say she was a blue cream tabby - but not is that not a colour but also the boys, who have the same markings, wouldn't exsist - very confusing - can't wait to see her growing up- any more help identifying what she is will be grateful recieved - thanks:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

the breeder says she'll send me some more photos soon:flrt:.

picking her up in 2 weeks so really looking forward to it: victory:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Duthess or Marie like off the aristocats

x p x

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
yes - how could i resist?:whistling2: - i really fell for one of the boys too - so stunning but I think o/h would have left me there :lol2:.

if i didn't know they didn't exsist i would say she was a blue cream tabby - but not is that not a colour but also the boys, who have the same markings, wouldn't exsist - very confusing -
Well a blue cream tabby is what is known as a blue tortie and is eminently possible, but only if one of the parents was red (ginger). Tortie cats can be black and red, chocolate and red, blue and cream, lilac and cream, and more...........

I'm really looking forward to seeing some bigger and better photos of her!

·
Pets are a luxury!!!
28,359 Posts
What is in her breeding?She is very unusual if she is a moggy.
Tinkerbell is a good name but if like us the kittens name gets shortened to Tinks then somehow now she gets called Stinks. Poor kitty and by the way mine is a Chocolate Tortie(with red) as Eileen mentioned

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well a blue cream tabby is what is known as a blue tortie and is eminently possible, but only if one of the parents was red (ginger). Tortie cats can be black and red, chocolate and red, blue and cream, lilac and cream, and more...........

I'm really looking forward to seeing some bigger and better photos of her!
What is in her breeding?She is very unusual if she is a moggy.
Tinkerbell is a good name but if like us the kittens name gets shortened to Tinks then somehow now she gets called Stinks. Poor kitty and by the way mine is a Chocolate Tortie(with red) as Eileen mentioned
her mum is a black and white and her dad a blue eyed white - so not much in the way of clues there - interestingly her 1/2 brother - a rather stunning red tabby and white still had deep blue eyes at 8 weeks - and hers still look very blue

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
her mum is a black and white and her dad a blue eyed white - so not much in the way of clues there - interestingly her 1/2 brother - a rather stunning red tabby and white still had deep blue eyes at 8 weeks - and hers still look very blue
The fact that the dad is a white cat throws a spanner in the works, because there is no such thing as a white cat (except in certain specific breeds). White cats are actually coloured cats underneath the white, if you get my meaning. So it depends what colour the father is masking. He could be a red cat underneath his white coat.

But then that brings up the issue of the red and white brother cos males take their colour from the mother not the father. So I'm stumped!!!!

Genetics??:crazy: :crazy:

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
New Piccies- Pick Her Up Friday - Yay

grrr photobucket would only resize one of them...

anyway this is her - more names please lol

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
oh wow she's sooo pretty..how about belle :razz:

nah i do quite like nimbus actually, very unusual!

gorgeous wee kitty cat you've bagged yourself there hun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts