Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have recently started to sell full set ups for bearded dragon as i have found no one really sells them cheaply.

I can offer you a number of products for one fixed price.
What you recieve for £138.

3 foot vivarium - 36" x 15" x 18" in a variety of colours

Bayonet Basking bulb holder

1 x 60 watt Day Light Bulb

1 x 60 watt Night Bulb

Arcadia UV Starter Unit - 25-30 watt.

Exo Terra Repti Glo 5% UV Lighting tube - 30" / 25watts

Habba Hut / Cave

Exo terra mandering plant

Exo terra water dish

Calcium plus Powder – 240g

A book on Bearded Dragons - Manual

A heat strip thermometer

If your interested please email me - [email protected]

Thank you

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Sorry but that is not a full set up for a Bearded Dragon. For a start Beardies need a 4 foot Vivarium. Also they need 10.0 UVB, and strip thermometres are nigh on useless.

Can I ask where you got your information on Beardies from? As I would suggest doing much more research before selling "full" set ups.

·
Premium Member
7,870 Posts
Sorry but that is not a full set up for a Bearded Dragon. For a start Beardies need a 4 foot Vivarium. Also they need 10.0 UVB, and strip thermometres are nigh on useless.

Can I ask where you got your information on Beardies from? As I would suggest doing much more research before selling "full" set ups.
Couldnt agree more Rob. A little more research is needed before you sell these.

·
Registered
25,692 Posts
Moving this to equipment classifieds.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
dont forget the "STAT" 2 !!!

·
Registered
12,377 Posts

come on guys dont you think you are being a little hard on this person <<just posted on the snake set up thread too lol>>

i would argue that the need for a 4 ft viv would depend on the size of your beardie and the size of beardie isnt specified in the advert is it? the poster doesnt state its for an adult beardie. i certainly wouldnt house a baby in a 4 ft viv. and id quite happily house a juvinile in a 3 ft viv. secondly, although it is recommended that a 10.0 UV tube is used it doesnt state anywhere that it is a FACT that you need a 10.0 nor does it say a 10.0 is an absolute must and it will be life threatening to your beardie without it. a 5.0 will do the job just as well with the right diet suppliments...... so personally i suggest you should all get off your high horses, give the poster constructive critisism instead of jumpin on them and perhaps ensure your FACTS are right before tellin them to do their research.

i do agree that perhaps a dimming stat should be included at an increase in price though, and i would leave out the night light but that is personal opinion.

to the poster - i think you are doing this at a very good price and if i wasnt obbsessed with converting things id probably buy off you myself. Perhaps so that people dont jump on your back you could offer vivs in a range of sizes to cater for baby, juvinile and adult beardies

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Nobody was jumping on his back or being on their high horse. Offering a full Bearded Dragon set up fully implies it is for an Adult, and I think you are nit picking.
As for the 10.0 being optional, I have come across many examples of Dragons which have suffered with MVB due to not having access to enough UVB.

And finally, how could my criticism be any more constructive? I pointed out what was wrong, and told him what was right. I'm pretty sure that is classed as constructive?

EDIT: I did also check with a mod after posting, to ensure they felt I was being constructive, and not breaking any rules.

·
Registered
12,377 Posts
Nobody was jumping on his back or being on their high horse. Offering a full Bearded Dragon set up fully implies it is for an Adult, and I think you are nit picking.
As for the 10.0 being optional, I have come across many examples of Dragons which have suffered with MVB due to not having access to enough UVB.

And finally, how could my criticism be any more constructive? I pointed out what was wrong, and told him what was right. I'm pretty sure that is classed as constructive?

EDIT: I did also check with a mod after posting, to ensure they felt I was being constructive, and not breaking any rules.

at no point did i say you had broken any rules. imo you could have phrased what you said a little better as i felt it sounded a bit negative and certainly would have put me off if i had been the poster. and how does full set up imply it is for an adult??? do you not need a full set up for a baby or juvinile? do you not need a uv, bulb, water dish etc? as i was under the impression that you did.....

as for usin a 10.0 bulb, all our dragons have been brought up with 5.0's and are all fit healthy happy with no MBD

·
Registered
25,692 Posts
If people want to continue a discussion on the merits of UVB percentage or viv size, please feel free to start a topic discussing it in the Lizard section :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts