Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have recently started to sell full set ups for bearded dragon as i have found no one really sells them cheaply.

I can offer you a number of products for one fixed price.
What you recieve for £138.

3 foot vivarium - 36" x 15" x 18" in a variety of colours

What You Receive With The Vivarium:

11 X 11" Habistat Heat Mat

Arcadia UV Starter Unit - 25-30 watt.

Exo Terra Repti Glo 5% UV Lighting tube - 30" / 25watts

Habba Hut / Cave

Exo terra mandering plant

Exo terra water dish

A Exo terra heat dial thermometer

A manual about your specific snake.

If you are interested please email - [email protected]

Thank You

·
Registered
64 Posts
Damn good price there mate, wish i'd found you before spending £250 on something similar, will keep you in mind.

·
Registered
25,692 Posts
Moving this to equipment classifieds... also the title says snake, but the text says bearded dragon, and it includes UVB for a snake, but no thermostat for the heat source, you might want to switch that around :)

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
Where'd you get that from Tomcat?

bit of UV does them the world of good.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
:surrender:and thats what you get for trying to help:lol2:

·
Premium Member
7,870 Posts
I have always been told, also by people on here, that snakes do not need a UVB, it can actually do more bad than good. Just what ive been told.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I have always been told, also by people on here, that snakes do not need a UVB, it can actually do more bad than good. Just what ive been told.

correct.. most snakes kept in captivity are nocturnal.. so UVB can be ahrmful to them :D

good price though..

although wouldnt need the uvb .. and would prefer bulb + stat rather than mat+stat in a wooden viv :D

peace

James

·
Registered
12,377 Posts
correct.. most snakes kept in captivity are nocturnal.. so UVB can be ahrmful to them :D

good price though..

although wouldnt need the uvb .. and would prefer bulb + stat rather than mat+stat in a wooden viv :D

peace

James
ar well james you said MOST which would indicate that not all are nocturnal......now this statement would be correct as there are some species of snakes that are diurnal, for instance the green rough snake that requires a UV tube in its set up so ner <<blows rasberry>> lol

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
ar well james you said MOST which would indicate that not all are nocturnal......now this statement would be correct as there are some species of snakes that are diurnal, for instance the green rough snake that requires a UV tube in its set up so ner <<blows rasberry>> lol

name another

peace

James

·
Registered
12,377 Posts
lol i aint that well up on snakes! but im sure i could find another, ill make that my task tomorrow! but the original statement from whoever it was, was that snakes dont need UV, to which you said correct..... the statement "snakes dont need UV" generates the illusion that all snakes dont, when in fact some do <<got my pedantic head on tonight lol can you tell?>>

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
No snake NEEDS UVB like a liazrd to tortoise/turtle though.

WRONG

you've been given one example.

MAny species of snake do benefit from UVA and UVB, it's been found to stimulate appetite, breeding behaviour and the like in many species of colubrid and boid.

People really need to stop posting things they have read on here, or things they have heard before as FACT.

Diunral species like indigos, some racers and some python species (white lipped for one) do benefit form full spectrum lighting (which includes both UV A and B).

Mason

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Have to agree with Mason on this one, there are alot of "fatcs" thrown around these forums. I didn't comment on this full set up because I don't have the experience to know what types of snake this would be suitable for. I did comment on the DRagon "full set up" as experience and facts told me it was wrong.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts