Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im breedin royals this season cumin up and need a unit built 2 house the rubs in. i was goin 2 build it myself but cant find anywhere that does the wood the right size! the over all measurments r 40h x 36w x 28d all in inchs. this consists of a cupboard at the bottom 18h then a shelf at 12 1/2h and another at 9 1/2h. this will hold 2 64ltr rubs and 2 50ltr rubs. if sum1 could give me a price delivered to co10 2rw please, can b delivered flat pack. also 4got 2 mention that it doesnt need a bak on it! cheers

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
Nice and easy to make one yourself mate, BQ had the wood and cut it to size, i just had to fit it together.

The rack on left has bottom shelf 64lt the 3 shelves with 18lt RUBS, the rack on the right has 4 x 50lt RUBS, took about an hour for me to build.

Used 18mm MDF and Contiboard, cost about £50 for the 2 racks.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i wanted 2 build it myself but the only wood i can find is 2ft deep and i need over that, other wise the rubs r gona hang out quite a bit? :bash:

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
B&Q do massive sheets of MDF 2440mm x 1220mm, 3 sheets did both my Racks mate : victory:

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Nice and easy to make one yourself mate, BQ had the wood and cut it to size, i just had to fit it together.

The rack on left has bottom shelf 64lt the 3 shelves with 18lt RUBS, the rack on the right has 4 x 50lt RUBS, took about an hour for me to build.

Used 18mm MDF and Contiboard, cost about £50 for the 2 racks.

Would you be able to do a list of mesurements for these racks, I am thinking of doing something like this, but wouldnt know what I would need the wood cut to

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
The 50lt rack is:

1100mm high
500mm wide
750mm deep

250mm space between shelves

Other Rack:

1200mm high
800mm wide
550mm deep

350mm space for 64lt at the bottom
250mm space between other shelves

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
B&Q do massive sheets of MDF 2440mm x 1220mm, 3 sheets did both my Racks mate : victory:
Snap. My rack made the very same only lidless.
B&Q do huge sheets of 18mm MDF for about £15. I got 3 and a bit sheets but cos I only needed about a quarter of the last sheet for off cuttings the guy only charged me £1 for it.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
il get over 2 b+q then!!! do they do melamine in that size?:whistling2:
I'm pretty sure they do mel, but I'm not 100% they have them in the large sizes.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
thats the problem, its gona b in my lounge so its gota look half desent!!! :2thumb:
Finished MDF looks pretty good actually. I'd say better than melamine which at best looks a bit like plastic. Peoples tastes I supose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts