Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to keeping water dragons. I have had iggies before but it has been awhile. Do water dragons require UV light? How hard are they to tame? My hubby is not super pet friendly but I would like a tame lizard so if he ever does want to pet it he won't get bit and it won't get slung across the room as a consequence. What is the best site to go to for info on water dragons and their upkeep? Help!!!!! :D

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
if you can afford i'd use a powersun with them, this is a combined heat source and uv light

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. I have heard about ceramic heaters. What are they and are they better then UVA/UVB bulbs? I want to get everything together before I bring TUO home (That is what i have decided to call my new baby) But I don't want to risk burning it. So which would be better? Creamic or UVA/UVB? :?:

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
ceramic emit just heat no light. you'll need uva light no matter what.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I was wondering how to give heat at night without light! That solves that problem!

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
with your ceramic make sure you have it on a thermostat to regulate the temperature. as well as that you'll need either a basking bulb and uv tube or a just a powersun

1 - 7 of 7 Posts