Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice already.

In the past i have had various geko's and a bearded dragon all lived long and happy lives and died of natural causes at a good age. I have been keeping lizards since i was 6 years old and im now 21 but when my beardie died 4 years ago i didn't bother to get myself another lizard.

Today i visited a friends pet shop and he has a gorgeous 4 month old savannah monitor (bosc monitor) and its eating very well and shedding nicely too. Its very tame as i have never met the lizard and it took 2 pinkies from my hand nice and gently. He loves to be handled and seems to relish in attention,

I have been offered the lovely little fella including a nice 6ft viv and all the lights and heating etc at a great price of £250. I am veryy tempted into taking the guy home with me but i want to know if its such a good idea after having a few years out of keeping lizards.

I hear these lizards can be very aggressive as they get older and im looking to have a nice lizard that will sit on my lap for a few hours while i watch some T.V, I'm not worried about size as i live in a 2 bedroom house and the spare room will eventually become the bosc's bedroom :lol2:.

Any advice would be great

Many Thanks
Martin

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for the advice,

I have had a pair of leopard geko's before and i fancy something different to get me back into the hobbey , do you have any eperience with monitors

1 - 3 of 3 Posts