Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My daughter (11) got her first snake a ball python, in April, and we are both very attached to him. But now we've decided to move back to the UK, heading out from New York to Bristol next month, and I'm trying to figure out how to take Charlie with us.

Wondering if there is an importer in this group who might be able to help.

I've gotten one quote this end that's over $2000, and that's not possible for us. My daughter will be heartbroken if we don't manage it, so really appreciate any guidance anyone can provide.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
10,226 Posts
Hi everyone,

My daughter (11) got her first snake a ball python, in April, and we are both very attached to him. But now we've decided to move back to the UK, heading out from New York to Bristol next month, and I'm trying to figure out how to take Charlie with us.

Wondering if there is an importer in this group who might be able to help.

I've gotten one quote this end that's over $2000, and that's not possible for us. My daughter will be heartbroken if we don't manage it, so really appreciate any guidance anyone can provide.

Thanks so much!
Unfortunately it will be an expensive process.
You will need to apply for a CITES export permit from the US and an import permit from the UK. The main cost comes from freight charges as you cannot take live reptiles into the cabin with you.
Realistically, you will probably have to rehome yours and start again with a new one when you have settled here.
It simply is not financially viable to import a single snake.

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
Just googling the subject and there are agencies that appear to do this on a regular basis. (One "review" was from someone export his carpet python to Japan). Never used them, can't vouch for the service, but it might be worth contacting them. It may be cheaper having a UK company import rather than a US company export.

https://www.pbspettravel.co.uk/

However I have to agree with Ian, unless the snake was one of the rare $50K investments then you may find it easier to have the snake rehomes and then get a new snake once you've settled in the UK

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Post up pics and weight of the royal you have, we can help you find a similar one over here.
Re-home the royal you have over there and tell your daughter you have sent it to the ‘exporter’’, once you’ve arrived here and got a set up sorted collect the new royal and you’ll be a hero.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think she'd fall for that. She is seriously in love with the snake and has spent many hours just staring at him.

Full points for creativity, though!

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
I don't think she'd fall for that. She is seriously in love with the snake and has spent many hours just staring at him.

Full points for creativity, though!
Well its really a case of breaking the bank to cover the transportation (and possibly any quarantine) costs, or breaking your daughters heart by having to rehome her pet - Your call :gasp:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts