Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,
A new member here.
Well this morning I happened to come across this tiny snake at the front of my house. It's head was crushed (pretty much flat) from my bike so there was not much to identify from it and I thought it was a bit graphic so I have included a cropped image of it's body. It was pretty tiny - say 10 inches or about 24-25 cm's and thickness of about a little finger (pinky's) size. Slightly less maybe.
If location and weather helps then - I am based in India and it has actually been pretty warm summer but it has rained heavily the past 2-3 days so maybe it crawled out of it's hole.

So can anyone help me identify the snake. I am really not an expert and do not really know much but I have watched too much of Discovery channel/NatGeo/Animal Planet and I have an idea of what it might be but I do not want to influence the answers and want to confirm so can you tell me which species you think it might be?

Thanks a lot in advance.

·
Registered
33,578 Posts
Hi guys,
A new member here.
Well this morning I happened to come across this tiny snake at the front of my house. It's head was crushed (pretty much flat) from my bike so there was not much to identify from it and I thought it was a bit graphic so I have included a cropped image of it's body. It was pretty tiny - say 10 inches or about 24-25 cm's and thickness of about a little finger (pinky's) size. Slightly less maybe.
If location and weather helps then - I am based in India and it has actually been pretty warm summer but it has rained heavily the past 2-3 days so maybe it crawled out of it's hole.

http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/pratyushr94/media/afs_zps4d26646e.jpg.htmlimage

So can anyone help me identify the snake. I am really not an expert and do not really know much but I have watched too much of Discovery channel/NatGeo/Animal Planet and I have an idea of what it might be but I do not want to influence the answers and want to confirm so can you tell me which species you think it might be?

Thanks a lot in advance.
looks like a rough-scaled sand boa.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot.
Seems like I have not watched enough of Nat Geo/Discovery then - I thought it was a baby Russell's Viper. The color looked similar.
Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts