Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys dont wanna sound stupid but could any one tell me how long the feedin responce lasts for its just that hissy is gettin kinda big now and he wont eat when his humid hide is in his viv so before i feed him i have to take his hide out just dont wanna get tagged by him when i go to put his hide back in so how long do i wait before i put his hide back in hissys viv cheers again guys :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Oooh... feeding response should last about... 20 minutes? :wink: After that they'll wander off to settle down to digest.You'll be fine! Stop being a wimp :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
lol ah hear ya ...playing " Viv Tig " with a King after he fed is ...well interesting :x . I go real sloooooooow every day I change his water in viv . :)

Usually he settles down , like CyberFae said , after 20 mins ....even tho then he give's ya ' the look '

Take care

G

·
think its diffent with each snake...my big burm still has the response for upto a day later...royals...a couple days later!!even after a huge meal..so down to each snake

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
lnvexotics said:
think its diffent with each snake...my big burm still has the response for upto a day later...royals...a couple days later!!even after a huge meal..so down to each snake

Really?? That's slightly... intimidating :lol: :lol: Our baby royals are back to their normal, slightly hidey selves within half an hour.

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey fellas im not bein a wimp wen baby tagged me it didnt hurt only bled like a bugger its just i have 2 young wains aswell dont them 2 see hissy bite their mummy dont want them 2 be scared of him later on wudnt be a problem but my son whos 4 is facinated by snakes and dont want him 2 be scared of him later on :wink: also had a problem with my sons teacher bein a bit funny about me bringin hissy in dont want my son going in after they have agreed letting me bring hissy in saying that hissy bit me imagine what they wud say then but cheers guys for the info appreciate it as always :lol: :lol:

G

·
its the older ones that are the problem.....weve got the tamest royals in the world lol...but when they due for a feed...they up at the tub....sometimes striking as you walk past!! the feeding response off them is really good...after youve fed them they up at the tub...put your hands in...expect to get bit....so what we do is open the tub and if they come straight at you...shut it again lol...but some of the other royals are fine ...straight after they`ve eaten.
they all have the right size meals etc...except the big females at the moment cuz got them on reduced feeding for the breeding season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts