Reptile Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

Hamm is coming up again and i need as many eyes as i can get.

I am looking for any speckled racers people see, more specifically though i am looking for MALE speckled racers.

These snakes can be found at the show for anything up to around 400 euros.

I will pay ANYONE who can get their hands on these what ever they paid in euros in pounds and with an extra £100 for males.
Ie the snake costs 200euros - if it is female i will pay £200, if it is male i will pay £300.
No live snake will be refused, i will take any and every live specimen going.

For those that are unsure of what this species looks like:

I know some people will read this and think they know of shops to ask here in the UK. However, unless you actually have one or know where one is then don't worry about telling me - i have tried just about everywhere.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
wow those are beautiful! I can see why your after some! If i end up going ill keep an eye out for you. May help if you put your location and if your willing to have them couriered? put peoples mind at rest or whatever?

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My location doesn't really matter. I will collect/have them collected no matter where on the planet i can legally get them.

I say legally because i can get them out of Mexico but the government refuse to allow me export permits because i have no zoo license.

·
Registered
179 Posts
s

im going mate i will keep my eye out for u.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
You'll be lucky!:smile:
they will get snapped up well quick! if there are any there at all!
will keep my eyes open though...:smile:

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
reticulatus, are these malaysian snakes ?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
sorry to ask but if you are willing to travel anywhere on the planet to pick them up how comes you cant go to hamm?
or is it work that is stopping you?
sorry to ask im just a nosey cow lol xxxxxxx

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
whats the scientific name for them dan? do they have sub species or locales?

have you looked on the EU classifieds?

will ask about, but speaking to people who will require the "proper" ;) name for them!

N

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies.

They are mainly Mexican snakes. They are abundant in Mexico but the country no longer issues export paperwork. They can also be found in southern Texas but are highly protected (same sort of thing as crested newts here).

Baby, i am going to Hamm. The idea was that many sets of eyes are better than a few ;)

Nerys, Drymobius margaritiferus is the scientific name. They do have different sub-species and locales but only this one is available outside of Mexico.

I have looked everywhere. I have been searching for 2 years now. I have looked in France, Germany, Holland, Poland, Austria, Italy, the USA and here.
As far as i know i have traced every single speckled racer that has been brought into the UK via companies.

There is a breeder in Holland however he refuses to sell/loan any of his animals as he is building up a large colony (they only small clutches, once a year). I did track down a loan male in Belgium, but the owner then decided not to sell and the animal has since died due to his ignorance.

They are apparently available in Germany, however, i have asked several people (inc friends, dealers and breeders) and none have seen any for quite some time.

The problem is that there are no fresh imports of this species (if there were i would have got some long ago) and breedings have been very limited (i know of only 2 captive breedings, resulting on only 3 animals - of which i know where all are).

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
this guy

Jakob_2212 (AT) yahoo.dk

has a wanted out for them in the EU - denmark based... may be worth a shout to see if he had anyone contact him... you may have his details already tho...

N

1 - 15 of 15 Posts