Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right I have 4 rats (well actually 6 but 2 are in a diff cage) who I've had prob for about 6 months, one of them (my blokes favorite) Baldrick is perfectly happy running around jumping on you etc etc when there is only one person in the room, any more than that & she runs off and hides for hours, shes fine when shes in her cage & there is often people walking past her & stroking her through the cage bars and shes fine but as soon as shes out the cage with more than one person shes jumping at any sudden movement/noise, is there anything i can do to make her less nervous?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Take things slowly,maybe just get her used to only 2 people at a time,have someone walk in for a second then walk out and buil it up from there.Or have the 2nd person bring her her fav treat so that she thinks new people with nice things.Alot of these things take time but be prepared for her to always be like this,i had one and he was never happy about other people and he was like that till he died no matter what i tried.Hope this helps you and keep us updated :lol:

·
Registered
188 Posts
rats are very sensitive to noise and smell and when she is not in her safe zone this is probably overwelming and scary. take it slow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts