Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know the cost??
will it be less than for a dog or the same?? just wondering as im thinking getting Dansy a little friend but the ferret rescue has advised me to have him neutered first :)

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
My vet charges about £40 - its a "flat fee" for all small animals and they include ferrets in this. I would have thought around £50-60 would be the maximum for something the size of a ferret, but it varies by area and vet.

Just give them a ring and they will happily let you know.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
the cost varies,you'll have to just ring up a few vets and see who isthe cheapest.But you dotn want to ahve a super cheap super shabby job done, remeber your doing it to prevent fights damage to your hobs, not to risk them. We havent neutered our hob and hes still musky as ever. :lol:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hey Rach
Nice to talk ferret with you the other day lol If you are getting a male to keep with your female you would be best getting him vasectomised rather than neutered so that they will still mate, still dunno bout cost of this though lol Try ringing round a few vets.
Will also post pics of mine soon!!

:D

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Between £40 and £60. Might be a more different depending on the aftercare if you need to leave it over night.
You should be aware ferrets can sometimes be a bit iffy with anesthetics. Some die whilst under them.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah you too sarah :D :D
thanks for the advice hun

robnissmith said:
Between £40 and £60. Might be a more different depending on the aftercare if you need to leave it over night.
You should be aware ferrets can sometimes be a bit iffy with anesthetics. Some die whilst under them.
oh, so now i have to rethink the situ, hmmmmmmm
i woldnt want to lose him, but want him to have a friend, even if i get a female i wouldnt want loads of litters,m ah what to do.
what would you do in this situ, will he be ok without a friend for life???

·
Registered
379 Posts
Rach I have kept males together with no probs, as long as you introduce them gradually. I had 3 males and 2 females together with no squabbles.
Just hope my guys turn up soon :cry:

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
me too hun,
you must be sooo worried
hope they found their way home in the night

1 - 9 of 9 Posts