Reptile Forums banner

New add for new exotic rodents and a few domestic

SW England 
971 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  geckocider 
#1 ·
Hello

Just to say -
I have more critters looking for homes. Although some of these are fine with kids I do not agree with pets being bought as xmas presents unless you are genuinely committed to keeping the pet. I will need a pm with a little knowledge on the species you are buying and of course if you ever have problems I will take back the pet free. I will very rarely buy back a pet as I am helping maintain a educational program.
All pets sold come with my contact details so that you may have help when you need it. I dont charge for help and advise and believe its all part of the after care.

Breeding-
I list all the potential breeders from where I have got them from. I do know the breeders I buy and trade with and wont ever give a name but I will let you know if a pet is related or not. Not all breeders want there contacts given out but of course if you need to talk to the breeder of said pet I will ask if they are happy to pass on the details to you.

Beasties-
All my pets are brought up in a family home. Animals that can be held by children have been as well as myself. They have been around noisy dogs and from a smoke free house. They are all treated as pets and not breeding stock. I know each pet and their personality so if you have questions to what they like and dont like please let me know ^_^ more than happy to chat about these beasties.

The list-

1 Lone zebra grass mouse male- Bred in in Poole, Dorset.
Aggressive to other males but fine with females. Selling due too only having related females to go with him. Under a year old and tame.
£10 on his own or £20 with cage and toys- zoo zone.

3 bushey tailed jirrds male
These boys are very tame and bonded where part of a established larger group but the group decided to have a fight. Must not be bred from or split.
They are great with older children an can be held. Family home only £20 for all 3 £30 with tank and toys.
Age unknown.

2 fancy rats very tame- Poole rescue/rehome
1 champagne hooded [luna] 1 black hooded [scabbers]
1yr old must NOT be bred from as hips may now be fused.
Luna is extremely tame and cheeky. Quite tubby and will steal your food and tea when free roaming. So keep an eye on her because she likes to hide stolen food in her bed. She will bite anything thats put in the bars including fingers but you can get her out the cage and everything else just fine. Very tame, good with dogs, kids and loud noises, loves food!
Scabbers is a myo survivor she is very raspy when she sleeps because im suspecting damaged lungs after the treatment. When she is out and about she is tip top. She needs someone to watch her eat when feeding because luna will gobble the lot! I take luna out for a cuddle and let scabbers have first picks of the food. Scabbers is very shy but is tame. She takes a while to come out of the cage on her own but will eventually if luna is close. She wont bite even through the bars but she is not a big fan of being picked up. I think its due to her lungs being painful in the past. She will climb on you, take food and let you stroke her. She will let you pick her up fine too but she gets upset by it. I just let her climb out of the cage and onto me if I need to move her.
Both rats ARE litter trained! They both came from a loving family home but allergies had to have them moved on. They have been treated for myo and where kept on for a entire year.
£6 to deter freebee hunters for the pair. Will not split the and they are looking for a family home. Can supply the cage they are kept in and it flat packs. £30 with cage and toys. Rats will come with bed and a toy even if bought alone to help them settle.

2 female acacia rattys. Carry banded
Semi tame but the group has had to be split due to the two under dog girlies getting pregnant and upsetting the alpha female. They can go to a pet home or breeder but the re introduction of a male can be extremely difficult and I would not advise to anyone trying for the first time without experience. I am still in two minds to keeping these girls. They are amazing but I need to find a unrelated male for them when they have the pups.
£25 for the pair and £40 with cage and toys.
They are pregnant now but due in just over a week. I will remove from sale once they have pups or very heavily pregnant. I will then look for a young male just weaned to introduce with the pups and create a trio again [Tried and tested method with acacia but still can go wrong so suggest only trying that one with experience too]

Rat pups- top ear
Only have 4 left now
1 black berkshire female with a chewed tail. Her cage mates decided to be a bit rough on the play. Her tail is still full length but not so attractive at the end as it rounded off into scars. £2 for her
1 topaz/dove male berkshire £3
1 topaz hooded female £3
1 male black berkshire £3
All of these are just weaned and lightning fast! Handled from birth and must go in pairs. They have never bitten but do love to run all over you and everywhere. No cage with these guys but they must go in pairs! £10 for both pairs of rattys.

syrian hamsters. Not kept together.
1 year old agouti blue/dark grey has had 2 litters. Tame but easily frightened. you need to take it slow when picking her up. She is a import to the u.k
5 month old male ginger with grey undercoat. Very jumpy but fine to hold. He tends to flip and spin a lot but has never bitten and calms down quickly when held. He is a funny hyper little character very energetic.
1 ginger, grey and white female. She is roughly 4 months old with 1 litter. Never bitten but shy sometimes as she hides away in boxes and bedding. Not frightened just likes to be in small spaces and you can always tempt her with food because she is a little piggy.

Wood mice
I have a same sex pair in both male and female for sale £10 a pair. All related. They will bite! They will run off if you let them and are very much still wild. They are not wild caught and all captive bred for educational purposes. Active during the day and night and great in a tall natural looking set up. I would liken them to a harvest mouse with the personality of a scatty fancy mouse. They will chew out of a exo terra mesh so you will need to reinforce with Avery wire at 5mm to 1cm. They will let you stroke them however if you are very slow. They are extremely jumpy to movement but if you are slow they will keep out of your way.

Med lemmings.
I have babies again! ready in 6 weeks.

May also have a chinchilla kit on the way too. Waiting to see ^_^

I wrote loads n loads there ^_^
I will trade for species I do not have but the height of the list is
Rattus rattus [ship rat] breeding pair
Gliss gliss [fat dormouse] breeding pair
Squirrels of any type but must be a breeding pair
Will deliver within 100 miles for petrol cost and its a big 4x4 too so can get pricey over long distances.
If you need a courier I suggest wild world exotics found on the courier classifieds here. I have used these guys before and its same day delivery with the paperwork to back it up.

See less See more
#2 ·
Forgot to add I am also looking for breeding pairs of coloured chinchillas.
No black velvets or greys. They are for a breeding project to work with the college and how genetics work. Students find them more intresting than mice and they do not breed as much with a longer life span. They are also used for therapy as the fur is super soft.
They have plenty of greys and I have a black velvet so looking for whites, pure blacks, saphire or any of the other colours.

#5 ·
2 male ratties left! I am going to london on the 17th so can deliver en route ^_^
Also courier available for longer distances at your expense. Same day delivery too if you are under 8hrs away from me.
Courier I use is called wild world exotics so they are in safe hands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.