Reptile Forums banner

New addition.....but what to choose?

263 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  1234567890 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,
Well its that time again, i've got it into my head its time to add a new addition to my collection of herps. Havn't got a viv or any of the equipment spare so will be buying new stuff, so it really is starting from scratch. The problem i'm having is choosing from the vast array of species on offer! A blue tongued skink appeals to me for their size, relative ease of care and often docile nature. A Veiled chameleon also tempts me, as i have kept two before and they are wonderful creatures to observe and ever fascinating....though their care is more demanding. Day geckos too are visually striking and would be a pleasure to own. What i'm asking of you, is what lizard would you reccommend? forget size requirements and cost, which lizard would you choose purely for their character and beauty? I want something that makes me smile when i see it each day, maybe a small group of lizards which you can observe for hours because of their behaviour? Or maybe one that is stunningly pretty :) I realise this is a wholly individual opinion, and it changes from person to person, but it would be nice to know what your opinions are and who knows, maybe i'll finally decide what my new addition will be :)

Cheers peeps, look forward to your ideas and suggestions...

Rich

See less See more
#4 ·
Acanthocercus atricollis. When coloured up they are beautiful they can live in groups they cn be tamed down and i have some for sale lol. Well males anyway ch2009 pretty rare in captivity very very rare to be born in captivity and huge compared to the wc ones you can get. Theres a caresheet in the caresheet section

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.