Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a reptile show today panning on coming home empty handed but that was not the case. I manage to get a pair of Leucistic Monocled Cobras that I finally paid off and have been planning on for a while. The unexpected part was also bring home a pair of Red Eyed Leucistics as well. The cost was great but they are some of the most stunning reptiles I have seen. Here's a few pics I snapped while unpacking them will get some better another day did not want to stress these guys to much.

The pictures are terrible but had alot to do getting them all set up and comfortable. LOL

I even got to visit with Al Cortz for a while. Always a treat to chat with Al. I know he kinda raises and eyebrow at me but always respectful and helpful.

Love the calender by the way.
Thanks
Eric G.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

I have been after a pair of leucistics for sometime and must be Christmas cause I got those along with the red eyed leucistics. There are only 7 red eyed leucistics in the world and I now own 2 of them. Diamond reptile breeders have the other 5.

I'll have to let them settle in but at this point seem alot calmer than the albino monocled cobras. I was exspecting them to act the same. Time will tell.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I'm unbelievably jealous!:lol2: Your collection truly is amazing!
Ben

·
Registered
519 Posts
Cobra

stunner mate, a friend of myne has some and i went to a IHS show in nottingham not so long a go where Mark o Shea was along with some others, they were testing some of midwest tongs bite proof gloves, they used a venomoid 17 yr old, just like yours but a real old girl.

keep those pics up mate :no1:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Ooooh Dave, don't mention the 'V' word lol!!! So many misconceptions and opinions based on nothing more than hear say :whistling2:

But, yeah, our leu's are stunning ... still prefer the hets though!!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is some pics I snapped today of the males. Ozzy is the male red eyed and Sampson is the male blue eyed.

Ozzy

Sampson

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
very nice. Also, may i ask you, are you a profesional herpetologist or herpoculturist?
I'm a Herpetoculturist if you must have a label for me. :lol2: This is just my hobby. I do it cause I love reptiles and venomous snakes play a strong role in my interests. No real reason for me to keep them other than the one listed above.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
they are some truely stunning snakes:no1:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Terry! These guys are cream of the crop in my opinion. I have wanted these guys forever it seems. I still have to go look just to make sure their really there lol I just wanted the blue eyes never thought I would have the red eyes also. It will be a long time before I can add anything else to my collection. I think beaded lizards are in the future.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
some real nice snakes there:mf_dribble:, i've notices leusitics are becoming more and more common...: victory:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There still fairly rare here in the USA the regular leucistics with the blue eyes are some what hard to find for sale. The red eyed leucistics are pretty impossible since these are 2 out of 7 in the world.

I have no idea what's available in the UK so you might see the blue eyed leucistics more often.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
You dont see many dwa for sale here in the uk or if you do see it it's very cheap and common (£30 WDB) or at the other end of the scale very very expencive
nothing down the middle of the road price wise

Ho stunning snakes well done :no1:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts