Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wooohooo. I've had the best day. Firstly, here's a pic of my finished Musktacular tank. Not the best pic, should have switched off the lamp and used the flash. Ah well.

Musk 1 covered in moss!

Musk 2 covered in moss!

Musk 2 meeting the OH's nose (it's not as big as it looks!)

Investigating their new home

Both still without names, so suggestions welcome!

While I was there, I couldn't resist this........

A wee darling Map :D

He-she is without a name too so far. My, what a day :D

Also got a funky coloured fantail to keep my other company, but that belongs in a whole other section...

:lol2:

·
Registered
23,314 Posts
:flrt::flrt::flrt: ohhhh you jammy cow!!!! Im so bloody jealous I've gone all green!! :lol2:

They're gorgeous lovey - me thinks they're gonna have a fab life with you pair - their tank is looking good too - well dome you Mrs :2thumb:

As for names I still like Bert & Ernie!

And of course Betty for the little Map or maybe Atlas as he's a map :lol2:

·
Registered
11,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aww, now that's just adding more names to my list of maybes! There's loads of names I like, but a lot of them are reserved for other things I don't have yet!

Aaron, you should totally get turtles. Any turtles. But dig a pond if you want big ones!

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
they are beautiful hun congrats. i still think you should call them tiny and titch. the tank looks amazing!!!

·
Registered
11,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they are beautiful hun congrats. i still think you should call them tiny and titch. the tank looks amazing!!!
Aww, thank you. Great thing about having tiny tuirts is how much you can do with a tank! My poor cooter can't have much in hers, cos she's too big and for one thing, knocks it all about, but mainly cos it takes up precious space!

Can't wait to get our pond shed done...

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
the 2 in my pond absolutely love it after what they were use to they finally had the space to swim and not just crawl on the bottom.

·
Registered
11,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bet they are happy as larry! Don't understand why the water was so shallow. Was no need for it to be!

·
Registered
433 Posts
what about Ping and Pong

I always like classic cute names for animals, like Edward, Elliot, Henry...

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Nice pic's and I particularly like the Musk pic showing "classic foraging behaviour". It certainly seems that they are settling in well in their new home!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Call them Dolly (Parton) and Kenny (Rogers) .... they may even duet 'islands in the stream' while basking on their dock lol!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Awww they look so likkle and cuteee :flrt: :flrt: :flrt:
Well done on ur new babies :2thumb:

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Your set up looks amazing :flrt: Well done Mister and Missus!
I love the names BILL and BEN!

·
Premium Member
13,849 Posts
Cute Musks, I'd guess maybe 4-6 months old from the sizes.

The Map appears to be a Ouachita Graptemys pseudogeographica ouachitensis.

·
Registered
11,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Aww, thanks for all the lovely comments folks, and the name suggestions. I'm loving them all, but I'm swaying towards Tutti and Fruitti for the musks! Still not sure about the map though. So many ideas!

Thanks for that Graham :) I was going to investigate exactly what kind of map he-she is. I googled what you said above and found a few pics. It definitely looks like that. With the big yellow blob behind the eyes. I read that mississippi maps have the semi-circular bit that stops the stripes reaching the eyes, but my guy doesn't have that. That's what made me decide to find out what it is, but I think you've done it for me :D

I'm really glad as well that you reckon they're that old. Was really paranoid about them being too small, and too young really to be sold! All I knew was that they were hatched this year.

Anyway, Tutti and Fruitti are coping really well with a water depth of about 9 inches. Have loads of live and artificial plants, wood and big stones for them to climb up. They also climb up the heater too. They're brilliant, am so happy with my new kids!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Will they need a outdoor pond? They are soo cute you are a lucky girl :2thumb:

·
Premium Member
13,849 Posts
Miss Maps also typically lack the eye bar of other Map species, Ouachitas are commonly mistaken for Falsies, but the two yellow spots either side above and below the jaw are quite a distinctive feature. Having said that all three are very closely related subspecies anyway and will freely interbreed, which I'm sure must happen a lot in the same way it does with Sliders.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts