Reptile Forums banner

new baby bd

240 views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  Dan 
#1 ·
hi everyone i got my new baby bd yesterday he is 9wks old 5"/6" i have got other bds but none were ever this tiny so just wanted some advice to make sure i am doing it ok hes in 3foot tank with all the right lighting hot side 96 coolside 84 is this ok for his size he looks a little stressed today with little black lines on his chin and belly he has water and veg also put 2 small crix in but he has not eating any thing yet had him just under 24 hours now.he was in a smaller tank when i went to collect him should i move him in to a smaller on or will he be fine in this one any advice would be great thanks sorry for going on a bit but i feel like a first time mum all over again:lol2:

#2 ·
I'd leave him where he is for now, give him chance to settle in before moving him again when it isn't needed.

All i would say is if you aren't sure he is drinking then on a morning just put a few droplets of water on his nose, this will help him drink.
You could also put a rock in the water bowl as this will attract his attention to it.

#3 ·
i have sprayed him as his breeder was doing this but that seems to stress him more and his lines on his belly go black i did this with my others when they were little but they were a few months old when i got them and bigger than he is now should i stop the spraying and just offer him little drops on his nose then..thanks

#5 ·
cheers i thought i had cracked this all before but i feel just as nervous now than i did with my first lol it is cause he's so small i worry silly i know do you think his temps are ok he hasent realy moved off his basking log since i got him thanks again!!!

#7 ·
he wont just lie there till he cooks will he? i mean if he gets to hot will he move i have also just sprayed lots of water on his salad so if he dose eat them there nice and wet he will get a drink that way too i droped a little water on his nose from a little droper he took sip but has gone realy dark again i think i am scaring him as much as he is me lol

#8 ·
Bless him!!

You have to give him time to settle in, don't forget you are a big scary animal that keeps poking at him - LOL

The temp wont be high enough to cook him as he will heat up and know to move. If it was a lot hotter then he would heat up quickly and not realise it but as we're only talking 5 degrees at a time he'll be fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.