Reptile Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
Thanks everyone, and to all the non-believers she is without a doubt a BCC, I can see why she may look like a BCI not a BCC at first glance and a couple of my friends have said the same, but her breeder is 100% positive she's a BCC and there was a huge variety of colours and patterns in her litter, quite a few lovely hypos. She's a beautiful baby BCC.
If there were Hypos in the litter then she almost certainly isn't a pure BCC, unless there is a new bloodline that is being kept very quiet. Maybe she is a cross, but not pure. People often call common boas 'red tails' in order to make a sale. Also i have never seen a £60 pure BCC. Just saying. : victory:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I couldn't confirm whether she's a pure BBC or not, but I can see why you say she seems to be a cross, couldn't disagree on that. Look at the shape of her head though, rather than her patterns or coloration as she was part of a very varied litter of morphs and norms. It's distinctly more arrowhead like, with rounder jaws than a BCI. Jus sayin' ;) and as I've previously mentioned the breeder is a good friend, that's mate's rates, he probably isn't doing the same price to your average customer. And he breeds as a hobby not to turn a profit or break even or whatever.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
At roughly 65g and 1"10 right now, gonna feed her for the first time tomorrow! Will keep updating on her. Thanks for all the kinds words guys!

·
Registered
13,305 Posts
If there was hypos in the litter then she will be a BCI or a BCI cross BCC. The price reflects that too....expect to pay double and then some for a pure BCC.
Lovely though : victory:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
update

She fed fine, ended up slitting the mouse's back and dangling it in front of her to get a decent strike and she got it on the second attempt, I think I'll try two small mice next time and see if she want them. Also she's definitely a BCI, sorry for the confusion folks :p

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
beautiful snake, boas of all types, constrictor and imperator, are the most beautiful species in my eyes 8)

Reactions: LeonGM

·
Registered
62 Posts
Gorgeous baby! Nearly had a baby boa this week but it fell through, so a bit jealous! Want one sometime soon, they are gorgeous snakes <3

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
It's a nice looking boa ,but certainly not a BCC at best it's a cross and wrong to be named a BCC as that's just misleading

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Haha yeah love the show, reading the books now too. Was hesitating between Meraxes or Daenerys too but Khaleesi seemed the best fit :)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts