Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went to the reptile shop today to get some mealworms and came home with a little baby royal too! :2thumb:
I have called him Elliott after the boy in E.T, cos he has little E.T faces in his pattern.

The pics aren't great as just got a couple of snaps as I was transfering him to his tub.
He is lovely. He is CB, 2 months old and has fed twice for the breeder and once in the shop.
I know Royals have a rep for being fussy feeders, so how do you think I should feed him the first time to try and optimise the chances of him feeding for me?
Obviously I will leave him to settle in for a good few days first, but any tips are welcome as I want him to get off to a good start with me.

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
congrats on your new little fella! prob best to leave him a week to settle in and feed him what the shop was feeding him and use the same method! im not an expert and there are lots of knowledgable people who will help but thats a start!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys :)
Anyone else got any tips?

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
yeah if it doesn't feed. put your hand out flat and put royal on palm. then wiggle pinky in front. mine strike everytime. where did you get it?

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
leave to settle in for a week, then warm food item up and wiggle in front of them, if the snakes does not stike for it, place in viv/tub and leave overnight remove in morning if not eaten, only offer weekly as offering every couple of days can be stressful to them and to your pocket.

·
Registered
9,269 Posts
awww hes stunning hun :D

let him settle in for a week or two,my baby royal didnt eat for 5 weeks when i got her,now she strike feeds everytime,so give him some space and he'll be fine :D:D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, I fed him for the first time a couple of days ago and as soon as I had the mouse in the tongs in front of him he struck and then he had eaten it within a minute! I was so happy, as feeding was the main thing I was worried about with getting a Royal.
I got him from a shop in Addlestone.
Fingers crossed he will carry on being a good feeder. :D

·
Registered
9,269 Posts
aww awesum,good luck with him huni

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
He's cool! Remember when my lil'un was that little! So cute!

Yeah, don't worry about the fussy feeding, mine sometimes refuses a food but I think my lil boy is just an awkward little oik anyway!

:lol2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts