Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went to the reptile shop today to get some mealworms and came home with a little baby royal too! :2thumb:
I have called him Elliott after the boy in E.T, cos he has little E.T faces in his pattern.

The pics aren't great as just got a couple of snaps as I was transfering him to his tub.
He is lovely. He is CB, 2 months old and has fed twice for the breeder and once in the shop.
I know Royals have a rep for being fussy feeders, so how do you think I should feed him the first time to try and optimise the chances of him feeding for me?
Obviously I will leave him to settle in for a good few days first, but any tips are welcome as I want him to get off to a good start with me.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys :)
Anyone else got any tips?

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
leave to settle in for a week, then warm food item up and wiggle in front of them, if the snakes does not stike for it, place in viv/tub and leave overnight remove in morning if not eaten, only offer weekly as offering every couple of days can be stressful to them and to your pocket.

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
awww hes stunning hun :D

let him settle in for a week or two,my baby royal didnt eat for 5 weeks when i got her,now she strike feeds everytime,so give him some space and he'll be fine :D:D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, I fed him for the first time a couple of days ago and as soon as I had the mouse in the tongs in front of him he struck and then he had eaten it within a minute! I was so happy, as feeding was the main thing I was worried about with getting a Royal.
I got him from a shop in Addlestone.
Fingers crossed he will carry on being a good feeder. :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
He's cool! Remember when my lil'un was that little! So cute!

Yeah, don't worry about the fussy feeding, mine sometimes refuses a food but I think my lil boy is just an awkward little oik anyway!

:lol2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.