Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some people may know ive been after a childrens python for quite some time now and i hadn't had much luck finding one. Anyway, thanks to htf666 i'd like to introduce my new baby :)

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
real nice childrens python there :)

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Spotted and Childrens are the same snake - Antaresia maculosa.Very cute!
I thought Childrens were Antaresia childreni whereas the Spotteds are Antaresia maculosa. In the same Genus but seperate species....the difference being the Childrens lose/fade their spots as they mature, but the Spotteds keep them and grow bigger than Childrens. Maybe i read wrong or read the wrong site but i`ve always called mine a childreni.:blush:

Gorgeous little snake though! I love them :mf_dribble:

·
Registered
20,860 Posts
I thought Childrens were Antaresia childreni whereas the Spotteds are Antaresia maculosa. In the same Genus but seperate species....the difference being the Childrens lose/fade their spots as they mature, but the Spotteds keep them and grow bigger than Childrens. Maybe i read wrong or read the wrong site but i`ve always called mine a childreni.:blush:

Gorgeous little snake though! I love them :mf_dribble:
Your right.

They were all classed as Childrens at one time but they are in fact different species.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Your right.

They were all classed as Childrens at one time but they are in fact different species.
Oh fair enough...I read u[ a little on these a while ago and they were all referred to as Childrens/Spotted. Didnt really go any farther than that at the time :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
:2thumb: great looking little python!!

good luck with em

1 - 10 of 10 Posts