Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am getting a Beardie this week I have already been to the shop to find out what set up I need, he recommends a 3ft tank and a repti glo 8 UVB, this dragon is about 3 months old I think, I thought I would be better to get a larger tank, instead of having to buy another in a couple of months time, Also I had read that a repti glo 10 was needed what do you all think? :)

·
Banned
163 Posts
3 months how big is that ??? because if its big enough i would get a 4x2x2 viv but if it is only small a big viv would stress it out and it may not be able to catch its food...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Think it is about 5 inches long! Its just the expense of buying 2 vivs Maybe I could buy a 4ft and block some of it off, just a thought.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
i bought my bd at about that old, it was only tiny, small enough to fit in a crix tub, i put it straight into a 4x2x2 viv and she has always been fine, the extra room helps her exercise and shes never had any trouble with stress or catching food. the uv is ok just make its within 8 inches of the bd, or the bd can get to within 8 inches of it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats great thanks for the help will go for the bigger viv and hope for the best.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
same as mark has said really, my beardie has been in a 4ft viv since i have got him and ive had no problems what so ever. not saying that this is the case but the shop maybe wanting to create more future business for itself by providing you with a small viv so that you come back for a bigger one at a later date :wink:

i put a hide in mine just incase he did get abit over whelmed but never once did he use it :lol: granted now that he is bigger and only just fits under it now that he decides to sleep under there on cold nights :D

if i was you id get a viv as big as you can afford and fit to whether it is going :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts