Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, newbie here !

I have just got my first bearded dragon and after reading up on it all had settled on a 4ft viv as recommened by the store.

having had the baby a week now he has only eaten twice, on the first day he settled and ate well then the follow days he did not eat and after this he then ate 2 medium locust. . . and this was about 3 days ago.

Is this normal, should I try different foods? but locust is what he was eating in the shop ?

any help please ?

thank you
Tony

·
Registered
484 Posts
:welcome:

Hello, i would try with some crickets, mine was being feed locust and i know alot of people think they are the same but there not :lol2: so i tried crickets and he loved them, it could also just be the fact his settling in. Has he been eating his vegetables?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:welcome:

Hello, i would try with some crickets, mine was being feed locust and i know alot of people think they are the same but there not :lol2: so i tried crickets and he loved them, it could also just be the fact his settling in. Has he been eating his vegetables?
not tried crickets so will give that a go, has vegetables available to him such as rockets, mixed green leaves, carrot all finely chopped. . . but he doesnt seem to be interested - any ideas to get him trying veg ? I ahve held it near him but no luck. . .

checked heat temps and hot end is 40c and cold end is about 28c

·
Registered
484 Posts
Mine never eats his vegetables either, he did once because we had none left and he had to wait till the afternoon so i could get some and he was hungry and ate them, but always supply because they do have the occasional nibble

1 - 4 of 4 Posts