Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So previous to my thread regarding stripe boas... what sort of markings would you describe this to be? It does appear stripe but the dark stripes are on either side of the body, as opposed to one stripe down the back. The saddles are very square, almost "cubed" to my eye. Some very large black spots but her background colour is very light. The "stripe" or elongated saddle, actually stops just before the tail.

The only genetic/background information is that the mother had the same markings and in a litter of 30, over a third of the offspring carried the same markings.

Tempted to - bred with albino male, and breed those offspring, and see if the markings could be replicated in an albino.

But does this style of marking have a specific name or is she just an oddball?

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Not 100% sure but i think you would call that a partial stripe

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
i think most would class that one as partial, reverse stripe..Jon..

·
Registered
25,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Reverse Stripe sounds good! Better than "oddball" anyway.. although I think that may be her name :)

Found this information and photos so it seems like it is a valid morph of sorts... so I will see if I can prove it out and into albino, another 6 year project.

Reverse Stripe Boa from Selective Bred Snakes/Reptiles

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
i would try and describe it as partial stripe reverse....

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
well, from what i have seen most rs tend to proven out genetic, either if its dom or recessive or not.. i think its more the parital abberant stripes that prove on to be non genetic etc... but im guessing its all the look of the draw...Jon..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.