Reptile Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when cleaning out my cham, i thought i mite change the layout so i did?
what you think of it?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wheres the ventilation?
there 6 vents from top to bottom which are the round push in ones and there is a strip that is mesh at the top

at first there was only the strip then i brought 6 vents to go in the middle etc..

there a bit hidden but not to much, they can be seen close up

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
theres always one who has to question thinks lol:bash:
I don't think that's a very fair statement! The poster obviously has the animals best interests at heart and asked rather than just give the normal response of 'that's brill' no matter how good or bad it actually is!I too admit to thinking there was no ventilation in there....

I like the setup a lot, however there are a couple of things that I would improve.....
Firstly, I'd get the basking bulb out of the viv, or at least raise it away from the branches so that he cannot reach it at all. If the pic gives a false impression and he cannot actually reach it then ignore this, but he does look quite close to it.
Id also replace the glass doors at the front with mesh doors. This will add loads more ventilation to it and will be much better for the cham. You can get mesh very cheap and could make some that fit on hinges which will give you better access to the viv.
Other than that I think it's pretty good.....although prepare to get a few comments about the substrate. Personally, I don't feel it's needed but that is completely your choice. As long as you know the risks then there's nothing we can do to make you take it out!!

PS. This is not a dig at all! I actually like the setup very much, but I don't think I've ever seen a setup that's 'perfect' and couldn't have anything improved upon ;)

·
Registered
369 Posts
looks really good to me mate. Lots of plants and branches for your cham to climb on:2thumb:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looking good mate, i think it looks fab!

as for above, with the light, they come with mesh over them, i think there zoomed ones?.. or exoterra, so i belive its fine. :)
he can get to the light but he has to stretch to it, but i need to get a guard over the light as ive seen him when he get spooked by me going in with my hand to quickly he quickly goes to the lamp and climbs into it lol..
so going to order one 2mozor go to rep store if they have any instock

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah you need to gaurd the light he can get very nasty burns if you dont.the set up looks fab and once you sort your light out it will be mint.: victory:
thanks
when i got him his horn thing was near gone as he got really bad burn from a basking bulb...

·
Registered
526 Posts
nice job, looks spot on to me apart from the bulb as u already know....i was thinkin of making the most of the top section of my chameleon viv into a mesh type vent, do u think this is a good or bad thing to do?? i have 2 bear in mind that i smoke the green stuff n i dont wanna kill the lil dude.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice job, looks spot on to me apart from the bulb as u already know....i was thinkin of making the most of the top section of my chameleon viv into a mesh type vent, do u think this is a good or bad thing to do?? i have 2 bear in mind that i smoke the green stuff n i dont wanna kill the lil dude.
ummmm.. i dnt know about that.. umm it most probably harm him, but dnt know for sure thou

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Are you being serious?
Your cham needs ventilation, and it most definately doesn't need to be inhaling the smoke from your joint!
If you're going to smoke it then do it in another room or outside where it won't affect your poor cham!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
he's right mate...its really quite irresponsible to smoke anything around ur animals, especially one thats prone to respiritory(sp) problems. dont wanna sound harsh or start an argument but needs to be said.

·
Registered
115 Posts
nice Setup =):2thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts