Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many months our new crestie viv is finally finished.

It stands on the floor and measures 120cm (4feet) high, 60cm (2feet) wide and 60cm (2feet) deep. It has been built to house our 3 females and any subsequent females we may come across (looks like 2 of our holdbacks this year are girls:2thumb:)

It has cypress mulch at the base and 3 large pieces of vine root running top to bottom. We used exo-terra background as backing as could not be bothered going through the whole polystyrene and tile cement malarkey. I also created a ledge with a piece of exo-terra background and a hot knife. Just had to add plenty of fake vines and some artificial flowers to make it all colourful (it is for the ladies after all!).

There are also a couple of magnaturals in there which we love as they are so versatile and easy to clean - a cave which Calypso loves and a feeding ledge for their mango and repashy paste.

We have added some heating as our front room can get quite cold. We have chosen a habistat reptile radiator hooked up to a pulse stat and they work brilliantly just adding enough background heat and never getting really warm.

Seeing as the viv is so large we also added a Lucky Reptile Rain System using 2 misting nozzles which we had spare and that works great too, 5 seconds twice a day and job done! (certainly saves cramp in my hand!). The nozzles are positioned so the ladies never get sprayed directly and the really fine mist stops the temops fluctuating hardly at all.

Tempted to get an infa red camera and see what they get up to - that would be cool!

Anyway here are some pictures, hope you like! PS. There are a few geckos mingling in the pictures Where's Wally style! :2thumb:

In place:

Front:

Left:

Right:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
nice

great set up, you should sell these. i would buy one from you, this would look so so good in front room:mf_dribble:

well done and a fantastic set up, i am jealous:blush:

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
That's one fantastic looking viv....you've done a great job :2thumb: (pokes hubby in ribs to show him lol)

I bet it makes a really attractive centre piece in your room and such a great space for a group of females.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
that is brilliant.i want one:mf_dribble:
your cresties are very spoilt lol

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
That looks really good, they will love it, although it may take you an hour to find them all, :eek:)

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
That is very cool!!!
Well done! x

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers guys, yes that is a crestie you can see.

Not so hard to find the girls as they all found their own favourite spots after a day or two and they sleep there religiously now!

The magnaturals are really good I have found, very handy for making use of the glass sides and easily moved around and also easier to clean. Only had one prob with a water dish ledge I had as it leaked through (some gutter sealant on the bottom sorted it out though) - otherwise top drawer products, if a little pricey! Leaping Lizards in York, my local, stocks them now so at least I can save on postage!

This viv was a labour of love and does look fantastic in our lounge- I daren't tot up the cost mind as it really didn't come cheap and I know I wouldn't make money on it if I had to sell it - not that I ever will. :2thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts