1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
The 105ft plant-eater is among the largest dinosaurs ever found is believed to have walked the earth 88m years ago.

how the friggin hell do they know that?
Did it have a membership card to the Vegetarian Dinosaurs Society and a copy of the Daily Caveman with the date on tucked under its arm?

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Did it have a membership card to the Vegetarian Dinosaurs Society and a copy of the Daily Caveman with the date on tucked under its arm?
:lol2: I agree how do they know this about any dinosaur and how do they know its habbits and what skin it had:lol2:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
lmao whats with all these weird names???

Futalognkosaurus dukei <-- i dont even wanna begin to try and say that

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
We know this dinosaur was a herbivore as we found a bag of lentils and a Linda McCartney cook book nearby.

I seriously hate scientists. They sit around for days playing scrabble and hangman before telling us something and we just accept they're right.

Scientists have spent ages looking at the wreckage from the Titanic to determine what happened.
Here's my theory, it hit an iceberg and sunk! there you go dickhead, years of scientific experiments and reconstructions wasted because i solved it in seconds.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
I seriously hate scientists. They sit around for days playing scrabble and hangman before telling us something and we just accept they're right.

Scientists have spent ages looking at the wreckage from the Titanic to determine what happened.
Here's my theory, it hit an iceberg and sunk! there you go dickhead, years of scientific experiments and reconstructions wasted because i solved it in seconds.
ageed 100%:lol2: what is the point of it we all know it hit a iceberg and sunk they don't need to do scientific experiments to know that wasting money for nothing.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
it is not dificult to figure out what an animal ate by the bone structure. even if they do not have the compleate skeleton, or even the skull which would show the teeth, they have plenty to say what family it belonged to. it was a sauropod, which was a herbivourous group.
the age is also not too dificult to figure out, there are various test that can be done and observations made of the bones and the surounding rock that can give you a rough date if you know what you are looking for.

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
That may be the case Dave but the thing that i can't understand is how they know something was 88million years old. There's no physical evidence that can be 100% definately proved to be 88million years old. For all we or anybody knows, the system they're using to determine the ages could be seriously flawed and what they thing to be 10million years old is only 10 thousand years old.

If you see what i mean.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
carbon dating would tell them the age of the remains and just looking at the teeth would tell them what it ate
Blunt teeth would be a veggie and sharp teeth would be meat eating.
Simple really.:Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
Registered
635 Posts
so all the guys doubting science must be god lovers who think that adam and eve are the parents of everything ever.

there has been billions and billions and billions spent on science and determaning how old stuff is. they gotta be getting something right. they are a very clever bunch of people that know things many of us will never know.

you cant say "that might not be right" just because you cant explain every little bit about it.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
carbon dating would tell them the age of the remains and just looking at the teeth would tell them what it ate
Exactly, glad to see the voice of reason is alive and well.: victory:

Cheers
Stephen.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Carbon dating wouldn't do it. Can only go back to 50,000 years or so. A lot of other isotope dating techniques can though, or Nigel Marvin can go and check for himself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts