Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
You might already know- I recently got a dwarf boa from exoticpets.co.uk which was obviously ill and died just after I got him. I was given a replacement.
The new boa seems pretty healthy and interested and lively and much more docile. However, when he first came he had some very thin bits of straw sticking out of his left nostril. I pulled most of these bits off - I don't know if I should've done. His skin around his left nostril looks a little bit odd, still, although no straw is visible.
I was holding him and I could hear, every few seconds, a little sound like someone with a blocked nose trying to exhale. Also, every now and again, he keeps his mouth very slightly open. Perhaps to help breathing.
I take it he has a blocked nose. Is this serious or is it pretty normal. He isn't acting very odd or anything. Should I be worried. Could it be RI?
Thanks a lot.
P.S. He was packed in straw when he came.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, yeah. Olbas oil sounds right. I didn't think of that.
No there're no bubbles. Before I fed him yesterday I took some photos:
Here's his right 'normal' nostril:
/Users/dennisgardnermctaggart/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2008/Roll 286 Dusty Mk2: Kew Gardens/DSCN0021.JPG
Here's his left nostril:
/Users/dennisgardnermctaggart/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2008/Roll 290 Dusty Feeding/DSCN0006.JPG
/Users/dennisgardnermctaggart/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2008/Roll 286 Dusty Mk2: Kew Gardens/DSCN0022.JPG
/Users/dennisgardnermctaggart/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2008/Roll 286 Dusty Mk2: Kew Gardens/DSCN0024.JPG/Users/dennisgardnermctaggart/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2008/Roll 286 Dusty Mk2: Kew Gardens/DSCN0027.JPG

I hope it isn't very bad.
Merry Christmas!
P.S. I hope these pics work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.