new goldie and drago pics

831 views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  DeanThorpe 
#1 ·
hey here are some pics of drago and goldie:

goldie

and here is drago

See less See more
#9 ·
He has been hiding, just popping his head out there a lot lately, from that view he can see the hole room ,he seems to like it, little git.

Dean

#14 ·
yeh they are fab.

they have been a bit more active again [ref: possible brumation]
since i have set the 7 lighting/heat bulbs to come on at the following
1[merc] and 2 7am-7pm
3,4,5 9am-6pm
6,7 10 am -4pm

I think they were gettin pissed off with the bright light for most of the day as they know winters coming and can tell how dull the room is at certain times.

There lights reflect our natural light a bit beter now.

Dean

#15 ·
Drago and goldie sitting next to each other nicely.

swing round to drago close up

a long shot of the viv, can see the size well and still see the beardies where they were for the close ups

a goldie pic

And i know its not the place but..

Mischief

Toots

#17 ·
yeh they do.
They have appreciated the reduced daytime at the mo and seem to make the most of the eat while its there whereas they had started shying away from it.

Its a large viv..wouldnt say impressive, could have/should have done a better job planning wise, will do next time :)

On a completely unrelated note... cant be starting a new thread about it righ now as im so knackered but ..One of our 2 corns luna was missing earlier, we gave it a few hours till trese emptied the viv completely and she was gone [this was about 10-30pm]

She wasnt anywhere to be seen, she is so tiny too, think wwe know how she got out, crack in vent being too large from where heat mat lead goes through ,sorted now, terrible oversight to be honest and feel terible.

Luckily..we found her...after only 20 mins of looking.
Strangely....well..she coulda dissapeared for good...we also have 2 cats that spend most of the time in that room [lounge] holes in the skirtings from bad decorating, crevices everywhere...and ofcourse..a corn snake size hole or 6 into our bosc viv...
We were VERY VERY lucky on this one, i pulled the 2nd sofa out [lol, she wasnt behind the 1st one] and i saw her as she then darted behind it, i lifted the sofa out and trese nabbed her.

Again, i must say i feel our chances of finding her were..i dont know one in a thousand given the size of her, the size of the house, the cats, the bosc, the house condition, the fact that all doors are open within the house... everything..

Anyway, shes fine and viv is now secure... this escape comes just after another misshap, trese didnt turn the heat back up yesterday after the night before, i noticed a si was gona trun em down last night, so as they had just fed friday night and was worried i put the heat up [last night, 9pm] andleft it on till tonight, so they have basically had a long night followed by a long day and then will be back to normal tomorow morning.

Anyway, it just seems odd, pissed her off i reckon, she was prolly like "u aint gona **** up my day night cycle and get off that easy mother ****ers"

hehe..anyway, trese almost cried, i was prety sure shed gone for good, just weighing up the odds ansd all... feel very lucky...which is a rarity to be honest :)

Dean

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.