Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading this forum for ages, now is the result on all the interesting read:
Two hatchling crested geckos. Bred in cork (Ireland), it was the first clutch for both parents. Late in the year as I would not breed the mother too early, she did not lay any egg after that and with the winter approaching I reduce the temp for the cool down period. (Both parents are currently over 40g)
Egg laid on the 27th of July
Egg hatch Monday 29th of October
Incubation period 94 days
They are 3 weeks old now, they don’t seem to be growing much, but they are getting more and more alert. And they are not losing any weight, so I am not worried. 1.4 and 1.6 g at week one they are now both at 1.6 g. They are fed exclusively CGD. But I am planning to introduce pin heads before the end of the week.
So far the only issue encountered is the toes getting stuck together, it’s not shed and some people seem to believe it is dried CGD. After some research it seems that it is a common “feature” on crested hatchling and that it diminishes with time. Anyway, if I give then a bit of a luke warm feet spa treatment, the toes do separate. I’ll just have to keep an eye on them.
For their future, Hatchling 1 I plan to keep and see what he becomes, I should be able to house one extra female. Hatchling 2 will need to find a new home, in a few weeks time when it is well started

enjoy the pics
Hatchling 1

Hatchling 2

a family pic

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Cute hatchlings congrats:)

·
Registered
12,631 Posts
This makes me feel broody... They are so cuuuuuuute :flrt:

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Aw look at those teeny tiny babies!! :flrt:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.