Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
L6 is set to moult tonight or tomorrow , my tiny L1 moulted this morning , nice and purple :2thumb:

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Also , found these in a fallen rotting tree , the white ones are nippy bastards , any idea what they are ?

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Nice one :2thumb:

Good looking pics there. Hopefully mine will shed soon. I need to make them a net cage this weekend, no idea how to go about it though, lol.

Those white things are a beetle larvae of some sort, can't do better than that though I'm afraid, lol.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
ahhhhhhhhh its the robot from transformers again

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
i think they are weevils because they are in some of my mums plant pots when they get weevils

why don't you keep one or two and see what they are when they emerge :no1:

oh and lovely mantids they are really nice i want some but mum hates bugs

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice one :2thumb:

Good looking pics there. Hopefully mine will shed soon. I need to make them a net cage this weekend, no idea how to go about it though, lol.

Those white things are a beetle larvae of some sort, can't do better than that though I'm afraid, lol.
the beetle-looking one is some kind of superworm larvae , the long brown one I have no idea about , some kind of mealworm and as for the fat ones I'm still clueless.
I'll need to build a bigger one after the L6 moult and I'm going to do it properly instead of tying some chopsticks together and stapling mesh around it :whistling2: the bastard bluebottles are always escaping from it.
If yours are from the same batch is mine I reckon yours'll be shedding very soon :2thumb:

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think they are weevils because they are in some of my mums plant pots when they get weevils

why don't you keep one or two and see what they are when they emerge :no1:

oh and lovely mantids they are really nice i want some but mum hates bugs
I only have two left , the beetle larvae and the fat white one , I might keep the beetle one as it looks like it's going to be hatching soon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts