Reptile Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iSTAT will shortly be releasing a new LED Lighting system, specifically designed with reptiles in mind.

This is an all in one system unlike other LED lights available currently.

The user will be able to switch from RED, BLUE and DAYLIGHT WHITE at he push of a button.
There will also be 2 other settings;

Daylight: This simulates the passing over of clouds in the day, the colour change is in the RED - YELLOW part of the spectrum and colour changes are completely random.

Dynamic Daylight: When set into this mode the Lights will start up RED, throughout the day this will change to ORANGE, YELLOW, WHITE,YELLOW,ORANGE and finally RED, the system will then shut down into night viewing mode which is blue light.

We hope that you like the sound of the new iSTAT Spectrum.

·
Banned
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There will be 3 Standard sizes.

12" (Suitable for vivariums upto 2ft wide) £34.99
24" (Suitable for vivariums upto 3ft wide) £43.99
36" (Suitable for vivariums upto 4ft wide) £49.99

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
They are fairly well priced for what they do when will they be available

·
Registered
361 Posts
will you be able too control when they start each of the modes ? as in a timer
how long will they take each of the modes to go from red to white on the "Dynamic Daylight" mode
reason is I would like this to work from the red up to the full white light over 30min and the same on the other way and then i will have a arcadia T5 come on not as much of a shock i hate the lights just coming on

So sounds good too me if price and above work will deff get one

ok seen price sounds good :2thumb:

·
Banned
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We dont currently have a website at present.

The Dynamic daylight, is setup to work over a period of hours rather than minutes.
Its aim is to simulate a sunrise and sunset, so it will be in its white phase for (i.e midday) for about 4-6 hours of the day.

This system doesnt have a clock, but it does have an internal timer, so it knows how long an hour is for instance, but its not something a user can access and manipulate.

The whole Sytem is controlled from just 1 button.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
We dont currently have a website at present.

The Dynamic daylight, is setup to work over a period of hours rather than minutes.
Its aim is to simulate a sunrise and sunset, so it will be in its white phase for (i.e midday) for about 4-6 hours of the day.

This system doesnt have a clock, but it does have an internal timer, so it knows how long an hour is for instance, but its not something a user can access and manipulate.

The whole Sytem is controlled from just 1 button.
So dose that mean you are unable to change what time it comes on and can the night light be turned of

Reactions: wezza309

·
Banned
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not with this model no. The sequence starts when you press the button. Its not a fully automatic system. Unfortunatly, for a fully automatic system your looking at a few more pennies.

·
Registered
361 Posts
so this would work very well with a T5 on a timer coming on on the yellow led for instance having the UV light one then going off ?: victory:: victory:: victory:

will the led's brightness increase over time time so low red up to full red etc

i had asked a mate if this could be done like this when i found out the exoterra light cycle unit will not work with T5 bulb seems its what i may be after

·
Banned
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so this would work very well with a T5 on a timer coming on on the yellow led for instance having the UV light one then going off ?: victory:: victory:: victory:
This system isnt designed to work with other light sources, it isnt a fully automatic system so you would manually have to set this off every day.

Its more of a decorative lighting system

I think this dynamic daylight feature might be best left off until the next version, it seems like its going to need to be setup different for each persons needs.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Not with this model no. The sequence starts when you press the button. Its not a fully automatic system. Unfortunatly, for a fully automatic system your looking at a few more pennies.
So it would be when I presed the button it will come on and when I press the button it will go off could you use it with a timer instead of having to press the button

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
OK it still sounds like a very good product and I would still buy one

·
Banned
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wezza, i dont want to tell you they can do something that they cant, we are working on a much better setup that will allow users to setup times for lights, fade in, fade out etc, but its not for a little while yet. Also it will be twice the price as it will be bluetooth controlled from your computer.

At the moment im just trying to solve a simple problem for those who want led lights. They seem to be available in 1 colour only so you need to buy 3 of them to get all 3 lights, this is a nice all in one solution to that problem.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Wezza, i dont want to tell you they can do something that they cant, we are working on a much better setup that will allow users to setup times for lights, fade in, fade out etc, but its not for a little while yet. Also it will be twice the price as it will be bluetooth controlled from your computer.
Now that sounds like one great product just what I have been looking for :lol2:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.