Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after several years of breeding these boas have finally aquired a name courtesy of Mark Elliot. They originate from two salmon het kahl boas bred here at Gazboas,they were bred together by Mark and produced a selection box of striped sunglows and patternless salmons,two of the patternless animals were bought back by myself,one subsequently died after being sold,the remaining male was bred to a normal salmon boa to produce some of the brightest salmons and poss supers i've seen. Another breeding to a different salmon female produced a whole box of super bright red salmons along with stripes,definately inheritable and occurs with different females so is incomplete dominant i guess,i like it as it produces a suprise bag every time.
anyhow Mark will add some pics of the originals etc tomorrow and i will start the ball off with whats happened this end at gazboas.
here's the original patternless male from the first breeding:

and its best progeny held back from the first breeding at gazboas:

some of the second litter from a completely different salmon:

guesing this trait will need adding to some other funky things at gazboas and Marks to see what else it can produce.....
regards gaz

·
Registered
444 Posts
nice looking :)

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like to see one bred to a non salmon and perhaps a non super salmon version as well to fully determine if this is genetic as the hypo trait is known for throwing out wacky stuff
this will be bred to a whole bunch of things rest assured,as for hypos throwing out wierd stuff,i have bred hundreds of them and only a few are non standard
regards gaz

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
here is my male sunglow from the same line.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
and here is one of my females.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
and another couple of the sunglow.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
What year were the original DHs produced Gaz/Mark? lovely boas. :)
the first in this line was in 2008, the parents are 7 yrs old and both came from gaz,hope this helps.

Reactions: BenjaminBoaz

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that sunglow has smudged his lipstick
zag

Reactions: mark elliott

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nice shade of pink..............

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i love them

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
That sunglow is very nice! could you point out to me what exactly this new morph has that the current hypo morph does not? as for the coral that surely could have been present in the albino side when crossed in? looks like a mild coral to me.

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
evening Nigel,no doubt you think this is just a bullshit marketing ploy,however out of the dozens of hypos here that produce 'just' hypos,this lineage consistently produce funky patterned hypos,the red pastels i posted earlier in the year have one parent rom this line too and a good proportion of funky patterns in that litter,so we are merely exploiting a proven consistent pattern abnormality and have every intention of refining it further. much along the same lines as jeffs 'boa revolution thingy,the ball guys would never miss out on anything genetic so why the hell should we? As i said i have dozens of salmons that produce simply salmons and some that do it different,and some that do it very different(thats a different story altogether,not to be released for some years yet) anyway,for those interested these will be producing reproducible funky patterned salmons the marvik is here to stay and will be on two price lists in the future as all the available animals are sold,i think...........maybe one left lurking in my racks
anyway thats all i have to say about that for now
regards gaz

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
thanks for that Gaz, not for one minute would i doubt your word! you have far more knowledge than myself:notworthy:

what i meant though, was in the future if i put up pictures of two hypo's that both have mild aberancies, how would you tell me which is the Maveric boa and which is not? what are the markers that distiguish them apart?

i have to admit though there is without doubt something nice going on with these and they would definately compliment sunglows and perhaps even some low expression jungles ect. are they dwarf? have you crossed them to albino yet?

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
That sunglow is very nice! could you point out to me what exactly this new morph has that the current hypo morph does not? as for the coral that surely could have been present in the albino side when crossed in? looks like a mild coral to me.
mild coral ??? as in flanders fields have 1 or 2 poppies !!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts