Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all, i have finished doing my exoterra tank for my crestie, tell me what you think

Firstly i got a sheet of polystyrene for roofing in offices and cut it to size,

then cut a few vines up and covered it all in expanding foam

Gave it a lick of waterproof paint and it came out like this:

By this time the wall is very hard, so i got a knife and made small holes in it and filled them with no more nails, ripped parts of fake vines and plants apart and put the stems in the glued hole:

After the glue dried i used the remaining paint to paint the parts around the foliage where the glue had seeped out and was noticeable, I then stuck the fake wall into the Exoterra tank with 3 strips of double sided tape

Then i added spaghnum moss as the substrate and a few pebbles for effect, Great fold holding Humidity, i also put a bromeliad plant in there He Seems very happy in there now and is very active, I also added a exoterra canopy, with 1 5% UV tube and 1 normal bulb, on a 11 HR timer

A view with the little man enjoying his new home!

And Finally a pic of the Viv as it stands (its in my living room now though)

thanks For checking it out.
Chris

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Looking nice. Just a bit of friendly advice though, you need ALOT more climbing things and plants in there for him, they love lots of pieces of driftwood in all diff directions to climb and jump on. With only horizontal places for him to sit (other than the floor) he may develop Floppy tail from hanging upside down too much.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Art-Gecko i will get on that soon, good advice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts