Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty new to this forum, but my herp experience goes back many years, possibly before some of you were born! I used to collect herps around 30 years ago, when everything was very different to how it is now - different available species, different care consideration, and different equipment. I had frogs, lizards, snakes, tarantulas, and even a few dwarf caiman. I had quite a few species you can't buy for love or money these days! However, over the years my collection dwindled and eventually disappeared altogether. My life took on different priorities and responsibilities, and I guess I saw it as part of my youth and not part of my ongoing life.

Then, a few years ago, completely out of the blue, my wife presented me with a small aquarium with some African Dwarf Frogs. And so was reborn my collection - and passion - for herps! Now my collection has grown, and is continuing to grow. Hopefully it will grow a lot more.

I'm concentrating on red-eyed treefrogs, clown treefrogs, dart frogs, royal python morphs, Australian and Madagascan geckos, frilled dragons, and I'd really like to get some leaf-tailed geckos (ideally Satanics) and more Central/South American treefrogs.

I've also started offering my web design services (I'm a professional web designer with many years' experience) in exchange for herps. This allows me to grow my collection and allows people to get a really nicely designed website without paying any money. See my message list if you'd like more info (also visit Treefrog Multimedia - Design Solutions for the Digital Era).

Anyway, it's great to be back into herps again after such a long absence. I'd like to say hi to everyone, and hopefully become a real part of this community. Where was the Internet 30 years ago?!!!

Cheers, Adrian

·
Registered
714 Posts
Glad to see you have the passion again. I too remember in the dim and distant past how some things were so much different than today.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome you old......!

Glad to see you here. We need more oldies!
As you may gather I am an older member too! Mind you some of the younger members are super knowledgeable and when you read their posts you may find like me that you assume that they must be older to have gained so muchknowledge. It is then a shock when you find out their actual age!
However some of the youger members are complete t**ts

:welcome:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts