9,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's one of them, they all went to ground soon after rehousing :D

under better light :D

turn your head

·
Premium Member
9,692 Posts
Personally I'd use a multi branch piece of wood so that they have something to anchor their webbing on. I'd also put them in a larger enclosure as rehousing could be "interesting".

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally I'd use a multi branch piece of wood so that they have something to anchor their webbing on. I'd also put them in a larger enclosure as rehousing could be "interesting".
larger ? how much larger ?

rehousing them today was a doddle, all very well behaved for baboons lol.

i will add more sticks etc in, when i get home

cheers pete, was invicta good ?

·
Premium Member
9,692 Posts
didnt make Invicta, it was my daughters birthday.

They should be easy at this stage, if not a little fast LOL
I used a tall faunarium for my colonies.
They aren't so easy to rehouse once they get larger.

Reactions: Dr3d

·
Registered
572 Posts
didnt make Invicta, it was my daughters birthday.

They should be easy at this stage, if not a little fast LOL
I used a tall faunarium for my colonies.
They aren't so easy to rehouse once they get larger.
happy birthday pete's daughter : victory:

faunarium ?
are the holes not way too big and with taped up holes, they'd not get enough ventilation :L

do you have any in a colony as i'd LOVE to see pictures :mf_dribble:

woops, that was tom.
i'm at regan's house, he was logged on

·
Registered
36,627 Posts
larger ? how much larger ?

rehousing them today was a doddle, all very well behaved for baboons lol.

i will add more sticks etc in, when i get home

cheers pete, was invicta good ?
They always are well behaved when they are little, they may run a bit but thats it, you wait til they get past an inch, they start to front you up then lol

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They always are well behaved when they are little, they may run a bit but thats it, you wait til they get past an inch, they start to front you up then lol
That should he fun then lol.
Confidence building exercise

·
Registered
36,627 Posts
That should he fun then lol.
Confidence building exercise
Yup you tend to notice them getting less likely to run, and more likely to hide, thats when you know :) You may be lucky and have some nice quiet ones but i only have one quiet, the rest are bonkers lol

·
Registered
19,844 Posts
They head towards taps dont they Pete haha.

I love their little orange abdomens at this size :D

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
my rufilata colony are in a 12x8x8 atmo, but its temporary until i get off my behind and build a permanent acrylic for them

i really dont fancy splitting them when they get bigger, bin there and done it and its not fun :lol2:

·
Registered
19,844 Posts
my rufilata colony are in a 12x8x8 atmo, but its temporary until i get off my behind and build a permanent acrylic for them

i really dont fancy splitting them when they get bigger, bin there and done it and its not fun :lol2:
Pokies sprinting in every direction lol. That sounds interesting haha

·
Registered
36,627 Posts
Pokies sprinting in every direction lol. That sounds interesting haha
Plugs in *check*
Loo seat down * check*
windows shut * check*
Anything they can hide behind moved * check*
door shut and towel along bottom *check*

now do i need hockey mask, boiler suit, wellies and gardening gloves ;)

·
Registered
36,627 Posts
You forgot the suit of armour and a net lol
Hahha would be useful lol.
The top checklist is my one i use if i have to rehouse something mean, always in bathroom and always check it all first so it can't get out or lost lol

The rest of the stuff, i don't use, but there is always a first time lol

·
Registered
242 Posts
I rehoused my OBT for the first time yesterday as Ive mentioned before I have been a bit hesitant....

It ran up the bath up the wall across the ceiling, back into the bath and into its new enclosure in a matter of about 10 seconds I literally just stood there while he went crazy then he plodded into his new home almost like he knew what he/she should do.

Madness!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Plugs in *check*
Loo seat down * check*
windows shut * check*
Anything they can hide behind moved * check*
door shut and towel along bottom *check*

now do i need hockey mask, boiler suit, wellies and gardening gloves ;)
Would you also tape up your butt crack?
Just saying if anything made a runner thats the last crack id like them to find their way into..

·
Registered
36,627 Posts
I rehoused my OBT for the first time yesterday as Ive mentioned before I have been a bit hesitant....

It ran up the bath up the wall across the ceiling, back into the bath and into its new enclosure in a matter of about 10 seconds I literally just stood there while he went crazy then he plodded into his new home almost like he knew what he/she should do.

Madness!
Fast little things ain't they ;)

Would you also tape up your butt crack?
Just saying if anything made a runner thats the last crack id like them to find their way into..
Mate, mine are bonkers normally when rehousing my arse is so tight you couldn't get a rizla between the cheeks, let alone a spid lol

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
haha i bought an OBT on sun to.. hes bout 3 inches, had to rehome him yesterday aswell, went rather well tbh, just lifted lid then picked up his web with him on it and plopped it in new faun.. in bath obviously.. seen him run thou:gasp: scary little fella cant wait till hes bigger, hes not reared up yet thou so fingers crossed:lol2:
nice colony tom, i was tempted to get e few but thought it start with one for my first:2thumb:

·
Registered
19,844 Posts
haha i bought an OBT on sun to.. hes bout 3 inches, had to rehome him yesterday aswell, went rather well tbh, just lifted lid then picked up his web with him on it and plopped it in new faun.. in bath obviously.. seen him run thou:gasp: scary little fella cant wait till hes bigger, hes not reared up yet thou so fingers crossed:lol2:
nice colony tom, i was tempted to get e few but thought it start with one for my first:2thumb:
You wimp lol

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.